Start date: Immediate
Fixed Term Contract to end of busy summer season
Full Time position
Mount Cook Adventure Centre is a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to providing access to the outdoors to all, especially young people and those would not otherwise have the opportunity. We have an exciting opportunity for hard-working, passionate and talented Activity Instructors who are looking for a challenge for the summer! If you are a self-motivated, driven and enthusiastic person who can adapt to a wide variety of tasks in a fast-paced environment where no day is the same, then this is the job for you. Accommodation and catering packages available upon request.
The role of an Activity Team Member will require the undertaking of a variety of tasks such as:
• Deliver low-level activities to our guests and groups of up to 12 people
• Assist in the maintenance and construction of activity equipment
• When required, assist with other operations within the organisation such as housekeeping and catering
Previous experience of working with groups is essential.
• ERCA High Ropes and Zip Wire
• Archery Instructor or Coach GB
• Bushcraft for practitioners or similar
Useful activity experience (not a requirement as full training will be given):
• Team Building activities
• Climbing Walls
• High ropes
In order to be great team member, we need people who:
• Are reliable, hardworking and enthusiastic
• Confident leading groups of varying ages and abilities
• Have great customer service standards
• Possess a good attention to detail
• Can work well as part of team and use their initiative when lone working
• Share in the values and beliefs of Mount Cook Adventure Centre
Weekend and holiday period work will be required.
If you feel like you have the passion and energy to be a Mount Cook Team Member and be part of our team, then we look forward to hearing from you.
This role is subject to a DBS check and in line with the requirement of the current immigration and asylum legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the U.K.