Description: Outdoor Instructor Training Intern Programme 2022
Start Date - Monday 28th March 2022
End Date - Sunday 30th October 2022
Action Adventure Activities is a small, family run outdoor activities centre based at the edge of Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park.
We provide a variety of activities for adventurers aged 6 and upwards and have been providing activities to the public since 2008, with our Trainee programme running since 2012.
For 2022 we are recruiting candidates for our Intern Trainee Scheme. Candidates will receive training in all of the activities we provide and will eventually lead sessions with the public as well as gaining several NGB qualifications.
Food and accommodation are provided throughout the programme. This is a full time live-in position.
Qualifications, training and courses included are:
• Foundation Safety and Rescue Training -
• Paddle Explore Award
• Paddle Sports Instructor
• Stand Up Paddleboard Module
• Canoe Award
• RCI Training or Assessment
• ML Training or Assessment (Candidates must be able to evidence a minimum of 5 Quality Mountain Days at
the application stage with 8 completed by the start of our Training Programme). ML Training or Assessment will take place after the end of the course period.
• Memberships, course fees and registration.
• Site specific activity training - 4x4, Quad biking, Paddle Sports, Target Sports, Climbing and Abseiling
• Off site activity training - Canyoning, Gorge walking & River tubing
• Lead and Assist in all our activities, giving you invaluable experience working with the public.
• Candidates that show good instructing ability may have the opportunity to lead more of the activities we offer - a great asset to the CV of any aspiring instructor.
• There will be some overnight expeditions including hillwalking & canoe trips
• Gain DIY/building skills as you help contribute to the expansion and ongoing development of the centre
Trainees will be put forward for ALL of the courses above.
• Minimum of 21 years old at the start of the course
• First Aid Qualification (minimum of 16 hours) valid for the duration of the course
• Full clean driving license
• 2 references
• Some previous experience of a variety of outdoor activities
Applications must have the right to work in the UK at the time of applying
• Soft skills
• Experience working with the public
Trainees will be mentored and coached by our senior instructor staff as well as external freelance professionals.
On completion of the course candidates will be ready to confidently move on to a career in the outdoors.
Accommodation is shared in large static caravans on a co-ed basis. A well
stocked food larder is provided in our stakitchen for all meals.