Chief Instructor - Outdoor Education Instructor Level 4
How to Apply:
E-mail a cover letter including the job title you wish to apply for and a CV to email@example.com not later than midday on Friday 22nd November 2019.
The Chief Instructor is one of the most important roles in an outdoor centre – the leader of the instructors, the shining example of best practice that others aspire to be and the ability to give brilliant customer service and experiences, wrapped up in a package of professionalism, enthusiasm and a fundamental understanding of why outdoor learning is so important!
The position is based in a large residential outdoor centre in Staffordshire and part of Entrust Outdoors. Entrust Outdoors currently operates 4 outdoor centres across Staffordshire as well as delivering Duke of Edinburgh, NCS and an off-site outdoor programme to an expanding customer base.
This is a highly-motivated company, with a well-qualified and experienced staff team that shares a clear view going forward of growth and diversification, delivering the highest quality outdoor education in a sustainable and commercial way.
For more of a flavour of Entrust Outdoors please visit www.entrustoutdoors.co.uk or watch our videos at the links below:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4ZZAes2-kU – Explore Video (With Music)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRXPOS8Ilrc – Inspire Video (with voiceover)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok7srva-YAY – An Outdoor Space
Job Description - The post holders will be expected to:
• Take a lead role in overseeing multiple group visits, customer service and team leadership.
• Take a lead role in overseeing staff monitoring, mentoring and development.
• Take a lead role in training seasonal and long-term staff to ensure current best practice and to ensure consistent standards across the business.
• Be responsible for high level activity leadership and risk management.
• Work at a service wide level to evaluate practice and ensure quality to external regulatory
• Deliver a full and wide range of both centre based and off-site activities (qualification dependent).
• Be flexible in their availability to work including some overnights, evenings and weekends.
• Lead a team of staff to ensure the centre, staff and customers comply with H&S requirements/regulations and local working practice.
• To further their experience in their range of outdoor activities both in and out of work time to fulfil NGB award and CPD requirements.
• Be reflective in their practice, looking for continuous development and improvement in both their own and the centres provision of an outdoor education experience.
Person Specification - The post holders will have the following experience/skills:
• Have significant (typically 10 years or more) industry experience of planning and leading a range of programmes and NGB activities.
• Hold a wide range of high level NGB & vocational qualifications, with the ability to lead or working towards leading NGB courses themselves.
• Be current and passionate in engaging in a range of outdoor activities.
• Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to balance the needs of the customer, staff teams
and business to ensure high quality and efficient delivery.
• Display the highest quality standards in presentation, communication and delivery of outdoor learning and customer care.
• Driving D1+E entitlement advantageous
• RP/APIOL advantageous
Enhanced DBS and suitable references will be needed for this role.
Entrust Support Services Limited. Registered office: Riverway Centre, Riverway, Stafford, ST16 3TH. Registered in England No. 04440463