Post closes 4th October
About the role
We have an exciting and new opportunity for a Lead Instructor to join our team.
Our Lead Instructors are responsible for providing high quality outdoor learning experiences to our customers, whilst ensuring the safety of all participants. This role not only involves delivering sessions, but liaison with customers, duty managing responsibilities, line managing seasonal staff and trainees, and being responsible for an activity area in which you have considerable experience.
If you have a variety of NGB Outdoor Qualification courses and are an experienced instructor, or already an experienced senior member of staff, looking for the next step, then you might the person we are looking for. We are interested in hearing from someone who is proven to be highly motivated, excellent with customers and fellow employees, and willing to put hard work and effort into making our centre the best it can be.
Please see the link to the Job Description and Person Specification for further information, and to see if you meet the criteria for applying for this role.
Grafham Water Centre is a popular Outdoor Education Centre based on the shores of Grafham Water reservoir in Perry, Cambridgeshire. We are a lively and busy residential centre catering for a wide range of school and youth groups as well as offering courses for both adults and children. We also cater for corporate and conference bookings. At the heart of all our work is our vision to change young people’s lives.
Hours, pay and benefits
* This is a 15 month fixed term position starting in November 2019, with the opportunity for extension.
* 37 hours per week. Some evening and weekend work will be required.
Starting pay of £19,554 per annum. Increasing pay based on performance.
Subsidised on-site food and accommodation available.
Excellent Annual Leave entitlement in line with Cambridgeshire County Council leave policy.
* Regular staff training sessions during the season.
* Free access to Centre courses (subject to availability)
* Training on in-house activities
* Training/shadowing on activities to help reach NGB standards.
* Free use of Centre facilities and equipment in your own time.
* Reduced price access to Centre activities and courses for your family.
* Other benefits include access to a local government pension scheme, salary sacrifice option for additional annual leave, and an employee benefit card offering discounts on a range of venues, brands and products.
The closing date for this position is Friday 4th October at midday. Please note, we will only contact applicants after the closing date has passed.
Interviews will be held between 14th and 27th October- all applicants must be able to attend an interview at Grafham Water Centre.
The start date for the position will ideally be Monday 25th November.
To apply for this post please follow this link
Successful applicants will be subject to Enhanced DBS Check and Medical clearance before employment commences.
For an informal discussion about the position, please contact Emma Morris or Rob Kinsella on 01480 810521.