Broadstone Warren Scout Site and Activity Centre
Broadstone Warren is situated in the Ashdown Forest in the North of Sussex, midway between the Sorm part of the terms and conditions of employment.outh Coast and London.
The site is open to all Scouts, Guides, other youth groups, schools, and commercial organisations from all over the UK and abroad and is open all year round. The site is not open to the public for camping.
Outline of the role
An opportunity has arisen for an Activity Centre Instructor to join the team at Broadstone Warren. These roles includes involvement in the day-to-day operations of the site including activity instruction, site maintenance, training, personal development, health and safety and ensuring tasks are completed efficiently and to a high standard.
Responsible to: Centre Manager
Assistant Centre Manager
Purpose of the job
Be responsible for delivery of safe, high quality, educational and fun activity experiences for residential, non residential customers.
Assist in the ongoing maintenance and care of the Centre.
Broadstone Warren Scout Site & Activity Centre is operated by East Sussex County Scout Council.
The Centre aims to
* Enable young people and adults to take part in activity experiences.
* Demonstrate the benefits of an activity centre through the provision of value for money high quality residential and activity experiences.
* Contribute directly to the development of young people through the provision of safe, challenging and, exciting and supportive residential and activity experiences.
* Strengthen the public perception of Scouting, amongst adults and young people, through the provision of high quality residential and activity experiences to external audiences.
* Remain financially viable
Based at Broadstone Warren Scout Site & Activity Centre, the post holder will contribute to delivering these aims locally through the daily operation of the Centre.
Daily operation of the Centre
* Instruction and supervision of participants undertaking activities enabling them to develop to their full potential.
* Customer care and service
* To assist in the setting up of activities for normal daily operations.
* To maintain currency of knowledge and experience in outdoor activities by recording instructing hours and revalidation of qualifications for all National Governing Bodies.
* Be responsible for the health and safety of yourself and others.
* To maintain the highest professional standards of presentation and personal fitness.
* To serve in the site shop and assist with restocking shelves and vending machines.
* Ensure all visitors receive quality experience.
* Assist in the maintenance of the Broadstone Warren site.
* Assist with cleanliness/appearance of the Broadstone Warren site.
* Attend meetings and training as required.
* Work within the policies and procedures of Broadstone Warren.
* To work flexibly and undertake any other duties reasonably required by Broadstone Warren management
The seasonal nature of the business requires a flexible working approach during the busiest times of the season.
The nature of this post and the environment requires weekend and evening working.
SPA or CWA (with abseil),or GGUK level 1 (climbing & Abseiling), Nsra YPS Tutor, Archery GB leader award