Closing Date for Applications: Friday 13 September 2019
Caldecotte Xperience is located in Simpson, Milton Keynes and is owned and run by Action4Youth. At Action4Youth our aim is to provide fun, often transformational experiences for all young people, whatever their background, ability or disability that not only challenge them but help and encourage them to grow as individuals, build personal confidence and set them new horizons from the perspective of what they can do rather than what they can't.
We are currently recruiting Trainee Instructors, details are as follows:
Hours: 37 hours per week
Contract: 23 months
Location: Caldecotte Xperience, Simpson, Milton Keynes
Main Purpose and Scope of the Role
To deliver a high standard of Outdoor Education programmes to a variety of Children and Young People and some adults
Duties and Key Responsibilities
* Delivering programmes of water and land based adventure activities for Children, Young People and adults.
* To work closely with the other instructors and to identify and meet the needs of the young people.
* To supervise and deliver those programmes independently and in conjunction with other staff.
* To lead projects set by management.
* To work closely with accompanying staff to develop and evaluate those programmes.
* To work closely with accompanying staff to set appropriate targets for Children and Young People and accredit their achievement.
* To ensure the safety of all young people, staff and adults which is paramount whilst they are involved at the centre or in the centre programme.
* To maintain records in identified safety areas as required by the Deputy Head of Centre.
* To maintain all specialist equipment as required
* Deliver a wide range of land based and water based activities across the Caldecotte Xperience whilst liaising closely with senior staff, subject to qualifications.
* Support the induction of individual children and others to the Caldecotte Xperience.
* Set appropriate targets for young people and ensuring developmental and realistic targets are met.
* Help to provide night duty cover at the Centre.
What Action4Youth Will Provide for the Successful Candidate
Training in the following nationally recognised qualifications will be offered if the applicant is at the required standard:
* Climbing wall Instructor
* RYA Power Boat Level 2
* Two day First Aid
* Disability Training
* Foundation Safety Rescue Techniques
* GB Archery Level 1 Coach
* Paddle Sport Instructor Award
* Low Land Leader Award
* RYA Safety Boat
* RYA Stage 1 to 3
* RYA Dingy Instructor or assistant Instructor
* Stand Up Paddle Board Module
* Abseiling Module
* Help to develop your existing skills
* Mentoring from the qualified staff team
* Free on-site self-catered accommodation
* Company branded clothing
If you would like to apply please contact Jan Knight by email or by post firstname.lastname@example.org 5 Smeaton Close, Aylesbury. HP19 8UN for an application form.
For an informal chat regarding the vacancy please contact Rich Wyatt (Director of Outdoor Education) or Jay Davey (Deputy Head of Centre) on 0300 003 0998.
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 13 September 2019 at 12.00 noon
Interview Date: To be confirmed