Salary: £22,000-£23,000 live in or £25,000-£26,000 live out (including pension, bonuses and tips). Live in accommodation is a modern 1 bedroom flat including all bills.
Dependent on qualifications and experience.
Description: Senior Instructor/ Head of department
Senior Instructor/Head of Department at Torridon Outdoors in the West Highlands - Full time year round permanent position
Star date August/September negotiable
Senior Activity Instructor
Responsible to: Operations Director
Responsible for: Activity Department - Seasonal and Freelance Instructors
To manage the Activity Department to ensure the team are working in a positive, productive, friendly and fun environment, to ensure a range of Activities are a five-star service standard and to deliver sessions where appropriate. Our main client base are adults, we do cater for some families but we do not operate with a AALA licence.
Qualifications and Experience Needed:
* Current first aid certificate
* Full driving licence
* Ideally 3 seasons instructing outdoor activities (desirable but not necessary to have experience in senior roles)
* UKCC Level 1 Coach (or above) with 3* Canoe/Kayak
* Summer ML
*Gorge Scrambling/Coasteering experience/WWSR
* Archery GB Leader (or experience in delivering archery)
* Experience working with a broad range of clientele, children and adults
* Must be friendly and presentable
* Must be enthusiastic and outgoing
* Must have the ability to work well as part of a small departmental team within the broader framework of a luxury hotel
And have one (or more) of the following qualifications:
* UKCC Level 2 Coach with 3* Canoe/Kayak
* TCL or BC Level 2 or MIAS Level 2 (or equivalent)
* Shotgun Licence
Torridon Outdoors is located at the foot of Liathach and on the shores of Upper Loch Torridon with some of the best walking, mountaineering, climbing, mountain biking and sea kayaking anywhere in the UK. We pride ourselves on making the outdoors accessible to anyone and cater for the novice to the expert, offering fun instruction and tuition to develop their skills.