LOCATION: A choice of tented basecamps.
• Anglezarke, - South Lancashire,
• Barnswood, - Staffordshire Moorlands
• Hen Cloud, - Staffordshire Moorlands
• Consall ,- Staffordshire Moorlands
• Kipscombe - North Devon/ Exmoor
• Bryndan Cottage, - Mid Wales
• Clyngwyn Bunkhouse, - Brecon Beacons
• Gupton Farm, - Pembroke
Pay and Benefits:
• £110 per day Year 1 (Evening Shift addition £35, Overnight duty additional £35)
• Entrust operate a returning staff scheme which increases the rate to £120 per day
• Access to discounted (50%) to our NGB award courses.
• Zero Hours and fixed term contracts available on request.
WORKING PATTERN: Average 7.5 hours per day.
ACCOMMODATION: Mix of Tented and Indoor accommodation is available dependent on location.
Description: Off-site Instructor (Freelance)
PERIOD: Potential jobs all year round, historically busier between April and November
Entrust Outdoors is a highly motivated company, with a well-qualified and experienced staff team that shares a clear view going forward of growth and diversification, delivering the highest quality outdoor education in a sustainable and commercial way.
In addition to running our four Outdoor Education centres in Staffordshire, each summer we also set up tented NCS basecamps in stunning locations around the country. With new sites for 2019 being established across England and Wales, we are currently looking for Instructors with a genuine passion for the outdoors to work with us.
If you consider yourself to be a professional outdoor practitioner and would like to join a high-performing team, get in touch and we can discuss our various venues in more detail.
The post holders will be expected to:
• Be able to effectively plan and deliver high quality outdoor educational sessions with an emphasis on safe practice, learning outcomes and a high standard of customer service.
• Deliver a full and wide range of activities (qualification dependent).
• Be flexible in their availability to work, including evenings and overnights
• Work as part of the team to ensure the site, staff and customers all comply with H&S requirements/regulations and local working practice.
• Be reflective in their practice, looking for continuous development and improvement in both their own and the site’s provision of an outdoor education experience.
The post holders will have the following experience/skills:
• Experience working with young people in the outdoors.
• Current and passionate in engaging in a range of outdoor activities.
• High personal standards in presentation, communication and delivering customer service
• Hold Hill and Moorland Leader and/or SPA/RCI
• Have or be working towards a broader range of NGB awards
Enhanced DBS and suitable references will be needed for this role.