A great opportunity for outdoor instructors at our outdoor education sites in Staffordshire. We are an exciting young business with a great pedigree and a promising future. The sites have recently undergone a significant investment programme, with exciting and innovative new products now being offered to a rapidly expanding customer base from schools to youth groups, major charities and NCS. This is a highly motivated company, with a well-qualified and experienced staff team that shares a clear view going forward of growth and diversification, delivering the highest quality outdoor education in a sustainable and commercial way. This role will be based at the Wilderness Academy which offers a wide range of Bushcraft sessions including fire lighting, campfire cooking, shelter building, Animal tracking, Navigation and exploring the nature park.
The post holders will be expected to:
• Be able to effectively plan and deliver high quality outdoor educational sessions with an emphasis on safe practice, learning outcomes and a high standard of customer service.
• Deliver a full and wide range of both centre based and off-site activities (qualification dependent).
• Be flexible in their availability to work including overnights, evenings and weekends.
• Work as part of the team to ensure the centre, staff and customers comply with H&S requirements/regulations and local working practice.
• To further their experience in their range of outdoor activities both in and out of work time to fulfil NGB award and CPD requirements.
• Be reflective in their practice, looking for continuous development and improvement in both their own and the centres provision of an outdoor education experience.
The post holders will have the following experience/skills:
• Experience working with young people in the outdoors.
• Current and passionate in engaging in a range of outdoor activities.
• High personal standards in presentation, communication and delivering customer service
• Have or be working towards a range of NGB awards
• Relevant experience working in a residential outdoor education setting and delivering outdoor education programmes desirable; specifically, Bushcraft and environmental related subjects.
• Driving D1+E entitlement advantageous
• RP/APIOL advantageous
Enhanced DBS and suitable references will be needed for this role.