Casual Minibus Driver
Imagine a role that offers you both unique opportunities and challenges; where you are an important part of an empowered team who strive to create a truly memorable experience for every individual who visits our FSC Locations and where you have the chance to demonstrate your passion to deliver the highest standards of customer service and care. No matter what role you perform at the FSC, everyone can make a difference...if you want to join our successful Environmental Education Charity and you have what it takes to make a difference then we want to hear from you.
How to apply:
To apply for this position please download and complete in full the BASIC application form. You must ensure that your application includes examples of how you have demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in meeting the requirements of the post detailed in both the job description and person specification.
For all recruitment information and the relevant application form please go to our vacancies web page at:
Send your completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR
Human Resources, FSC Head Office, Preston Montford, Montford Bridge, Shrewsbury, SY4 1HW
Please note we do not accept CV’s without a completed application form. Applications will be considered upon arrival and interviews arranged as appropriate.
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy please call John Blair on 0845 3307368 We look forward to receiving your application in due course.
Overall Job purpose:
Casual Minibus Drivers will undertake driving duties on an occasional basis, as required. The learning location runs a fleet of four minibuses: a 17 seat Ford Transit, a 16 seat Renault Master and two 9 seat Ford Tourneos, and on occasions also hires in additional minibuses.
This is essentially an active role and will require the job holder to be fit and able to carry out duties associated with driving, including manual handling e.g. carrying and loading luggage.
• Driving vehicles to transport school students and other FSC course participants to and from fieldwork sites in the local area
• Driving vehicles to collect/drop off course participants and other visitors and their luggage at the station
• Undertaking other driving duties as required
• Offering assistance to passengers as appropriate
• Taking all reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of passengers who are on, or who are entering or leaving the vehicle
• Ensuring that a full passenger list and schedule has been lodged with the office before commencing a journey
• Ensuring that all passengers are present, seated and wearing their seatbelts before commencing a journey
• Assisting with the safe loading of luggage into vehicles, ensuring that all items are safely stowed/secured
• Undertaking journey risk assessments, adjusting speed and journey times as appropriate to the vehicle, weather and road conditions, and the needs of the passengers
• Undertaking basic visual vehicle inspections prior to each journey and reporting any defects immediately to your Line Manager
• Ensuring that passengers have removed their personal belongings at the end of the journey and that the vehicle interior has been left clean and tidy
• Cleaning vehicle interior & exterior when required
• Complying with the Road Traffic Act, the Highway Code and other relevant legislation, e.g. speed limits, passenger numbers
• Undertaking and passing internal and/or external driving assessments as required by the Head of Centre
• Complying with all relevant legislation / FSC Operating Codes of Practice (OCoPs) / FSC Health and Safety Handbook and FSC procedures
• Delivering a high standard of customer service and customer care
• Ensuring the highest standards of quality are achieved in all duties carried out
• Working closely with other staff to ensure that appropriate levels of service are maintained during absences and periods of high workload
• Maintaining a high standard of personal hygiene & personal appearance in accordance with FSC policies
• Fulfilling your obligations under FSC’s Behaviour Partnership to ensure a happy, productive working environment
• Attending staff meetings as well as FSC internal and external training as required, in order to share best practice and improve team and learning location performance, and participating fully in staff development activities (sometimes this may involve travel to other learning locations with the occasional overnight stay)
• Undertaking any other duties that may reasonably be required to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the learning location