The scheme overview… This is a year long scheme with the potential to extend into a second & third year for the right applicants.
1st year: NGB Training One year training scheme with domestic duties. The purpose of the year is to develop you as an instructor through working with a variety of clients and helping you to achieve a number of NGBs. NGBs that are included in the First Year Scheme are below. Please note that this is a set list. If you already have any of these you will not be given something else to replace it as this would have a knock on effect to the Second Year Instructor scheme;
· SPA Training (Climbing).
· Level 1 LCMLA Training & Assessment (Caving).
· FSRT (Paddling).
· 2 Star Paddlesport (Paddling).
· Level 1 Paddlesport Coach Training & Assessment (Paddling).
· Level 1 MIAS Training & Assessment (Mountain Biking).
· PCV Medical (Bus).
· PCV Theory Test (Bus).
· CPC Mod 2 & 4 (Bus).
· 16 hour First Aid Training & Assessment.
· In house training (High Ropes, Archery, etc..)
The role includes domestic duties on some weekends each month which involves;
· Cleaning the centre, bedrooms & bathrooms.
· Kitchen duties; preparation, cooking & serving of food.
The duties of the role also includes;
· 2 evening duties per week.
· Working at the Cowling site as well as other locations across the UK.
· Working 5 days out of 7 in a week, this could be weekends or week days.
· Jobs time; maintenance of outdoor equipment, buildings and grounds.
Included in the package
· Accommodation is at one of our staff houses in the local village or onsite at the centre and includes furniture and all bills.
· Food is available when groups are in the centre and a small food allowance is given each week for when groups are not in.
· Wage of £300.00 each month.
· Use of all High Adventure Equipment.
· 25 days holiday a year, 10 of which have to be taken at Christmas.
· Staff uniform of technical outdoor equipment.
· Apart from your own fuel, beer tokens and any kit you wish to purchase through our pro-deals, you have very little expenses whilst in the scheme.
* Interviews to be arranged accordingly.
· Must be 21 years old or older (desirable).
· Must have a full drivers licence.
· Be committed to a year (possibly 2 year) long scheme.