This is a Part-Time (16 hours per week) fixed term position from 22 February 2018 to 31 October 2018
Imagine a role that offers you both unique opportunities and challenges; where you are an important part of an empowered team who strive to create a truly memorable experience for every individual who visits our FSC Locations and where you have the chance to demonstrate your passion to deliver the highest standards of customer service and care. No matter what role you perform at the FSC, everyone can make a difference...if you want to join our successful Environmental Education Charity and you have what it takes to make a difference then we want to hear from you.
How to apply:
To apply for this position please download and complete in full the BASIC application form. You must ensure that your application includes examples of how you have demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in meeting the requirements of the post detailed in both the job description and person specification.
For all recruitment information and the relevant application form please go to our vacancies web page at:
Send your completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR
Human Resources, FSC Head Office, Montford Bridge, Preston Montford, Shrewsbury, SY4 1HW
Please note we do not accept CV’s without a completed application form.
The closing date for receipt of your completed application is 12 noon on Wednesday 10th January 2018
Interviews are scheduled to take place at Dale Fort Field Centre in the week commencing 15th January 2018
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy please call Tom Stamp on 01646 623920. We look forward to receiving your application in due course.
Overall Job purpose:
Housekeeping Assistants work within the hospitality team to ensure that the learning location is clean and tidy for visitors at all times whilst contributing to a friendly welcoming atmosphere at the learning location.
This is essentially an active role and will require the post holder to be able to carry out duties associated with housekeeping work, including manual handling, e.g. carrying laundry, making beds, moving and operating vacuum cleaners.
• Undertaking routine and special cleaning of the learning location for all users: including bedrooms; corridors; public areas; staff areas; classrooms; bathroom, shower and toilet facilities
• Preparation of customer accommodation: including clearing and making up of beds, provision of towels, and restocking of tea/coffee making facilities
• Reporting room defects, damage or graffiti to the maintenance staff
• Recognising areas requiring additional cleaning, tackling these where possible and where necessary reporting these to your line manager
• Keeping all exits and corridors free from obstructions, ensuring that equipment is safely stored and laundry/house cupboards are organised and tidy
• Ensuring laundry is completed in a timely manner: working in the laundry, operating machines and pressing (after appropriate training)
• Undertaking a variety of miscellaneous tasks which could include serving in the shop/bar, assisting the catering team, collecting or delivering people or materials in FSC vehicles, grounds maintenance, assisting with general maintenance and painting around the learning location
• Complying with all relevant legislation / FSC Operating Codes of Practice (OCoPs) / FSC Health and Safety Handbook and FSC procedures
• You may be required to take an active role in the learning location’s evening and residential duty system - this would involve staying on site on some evenings and overnight to deal with customer issues and, with the support of a Senior member of staff, respond to emergencies
• Delivering a high standard of customer service and customer care
• Ensuring the highest standards of quality are achieved in all duties carried out
• Working closely with other staff to ensure that appropriate levels of service are maintained during absences and periods of high workload
• Maintaining professional standards at all times in accordance with FSC policies
• Fulfilling your obligations under FSC’s Behaviour Partnership to ensure a happy, productive working environment
• Attending staff meetings as well as FSC internal and external training as required, in order to share best practice and improve team and learning location performance, and participating fully in staff development activities (sometimes this may involve travel to other learning locations with the occasional overnight stay)
• Driving: Due to the remote nature of the learning location it cannot always be accessed by public transport and it would therefore be advantageous if the post holder were able to drive.
• Undertaking any other duties that may reasonably be required to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the learning location