Instructors / Senior Instructors
We are seeking Instructors for our busy residential centres based in amazing locations - Ullswater/Howtown in the Lake District, Loch Eil in the Scottish Highlands, and Aberdovey/Ogwen in Snowdonia.
The Trust run authentic, adventurous and challenging outdoor programmes. These programmes equip young people with valuable skills for education, work and life, and increase their knowledge and understanding of the natural environment. We help them become more confident, more effective and more capable at school, college and in the workplace. Using your skills, experience and qualifications to the full, you will lead young people on adventurous courses, including expeditions, and make a real difference to their lives.
• Opportunity to change young people’s lives focusing on real learning and development by delivering courses in stunning locations.
• Full time permanent employment in a vibrant working environment with a diverse client base
• Career development, comprehensive training and development package
• Employee benefits including: minimum of 24 days holiday & public holidays; quality uniform; dedicated training days; health insurance; life assurance and pension scheme
Candidates should have passed as a minimum, an assessment in two of the first three NGB qualifications listed below and completed training in at least one other from the list:
• Summer Mountain Leader Award
• Single Pitch Award
• BCU UKCC Level 1 Coach plus 3* (canoe or kayak), or BCU Level 2 coach (canoe or kayak)
• RYA Dinghy Instructor or Coastal Skipper Award
• A clean driving licence (preferably including D1 entitlement) and valid First Aid Certificate are mandatory requirements
• You must be able to demonstrate a practical ability to safely deliver personal development courses to young people.
If you think your skills, experience and enthusiasm can contribute to The Trust’s reputation for inspirational learning and adventure in the outdoors please visit www.outwardbound.org.uk/about-us/work-for-the-trust for further details and information on how to apply.
These positions are subject to an enhanced Disclosure Check through the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Closing date: 9 am, Friday, 24th November 2017
5 December 2017, Aberdovey
6 December 2017, Loch Eil
14 December 2017, Ullswater
22 January or 17 April 2018 - Aberdovey & Ullswater
5 March 2018 - Loch Eil