Leader Management Advisor
Operating across the globe including Europe, Australia, North America and Canada, we’re passionate about being the best and pride ourselves on the unique and diverse range of holiday experiences we offer our customers. Our combined businesses are the world’s largest provider of specialist and experiential travel with a range of unique experiences, from private jets, polar expeditions, sailing, ski holidays, school expeditions programmes and more.
World Challenge works in partnership with schools to prepare young people for life.
The programme is based on the belief that key life skills, such as leadership, resilience and empathy, are developed through real life experience and we enable young people to develop these skills through powerful student-led expeditions overseas.
Working with schools across the globe, World Challenge has offices in Europe, Australasia, North America and the UAE, delivering over 700 expeditions each year.
Within the World Challenge brand your duties will include the responsibility for the recruitment, placement and performance management of freelance staff for overseas expeditions and domestic courses, events and programmes
What you will be doing
As a Leader Management Advisor your duties will be …
* Placing Leaders on expeditions and domestic courses across all World Challenge Markets (as required) according to targets set by the Head of Leader Management
* Liaising with Leaders, providing them with accurate information regarding World Challenge expeditions, courses and events
* Liaising with other departments to obtain accurate information about schools Leader requirements in order to place the most appropriate Leader
* Place staff according to set processes ensuring their qualifications and competence match those laid out by the Safety & Compliance Team
* Negotiate fees and packages with Leaders
* Prepare and send out confirmation letters and contracts for each Leader placed
* Advise Leaders on all aspects of their employment pre and post expedition
* Assist in the processing of Leader expenses and fees thereby ensuring that all Leaders get paid within time constraints
* Collect and document evidence of all relevant Expedition Leader qualifications, training and experience prior to deployment
* Screen and select potential candidates to feed Potential Leader Courses and recruitment events in line with set pre-requisites
* Ensure that Leaders attend key events and training courses as required
* Active role in providing both positive and constructive feedback to Leaders
* Supporting the personal development journey of all Expedition Leaders and Assistants
* Building and developing professional rapport and relationships with Expedition Leaders to increase retention and engagement
* Involved in the creation and implementation of innovative engagement tools to boost retention
* Under the guidance of Line Management, perform tasks that ensure World Challenge’s compliance with the Travelopia Customer H&S Policy
What we are looking for
* Experience of working in a customer facing role within a team environment whilst providing great attention to details to set targets and deadlines.
* Problem solving skills; ability to solve last-minute staffing and administration issues
* Ability to demonstrate persistence with an achievement orientated approach; whilst being diplomatic and maintaining a clear and polite telephone manner with great customer focus
* Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
* Experience of travel in the developing world (desirable)
* Knowledge of World Challenge expeditions (desirable)
* Knowledge of the outdoor industry, expeditions and adventure travel (desirable)
* Knowledge of youth development (desirable)
Other Relevant Information
* Office Hours - based at World Challenge Head Office (High Wycombe)
* Will require some weekend work, unsociable hours and travel as there will be a requirement to visit and attend some events
* Required to do a maximum of two weeks Operations Centre duty (annually), normally as Incident Coordinator (IC)
Working with us
Join us and in return you'll be rewarded with:
* Competitive salary
* Various employee discounts and offers
* Childcare vouchers & cycle to work scheme
* Contributory Pension scheme
* Career progression opportunities
Please note that for all benefits, details were accurate as at the date of publication. Any changes will be notified to you upon your start with the Company.
How to apply
Please send a covering letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org