Imagine a role that offers you both unique opportunities and challenges; where you are an important part of an empowered team who strive to create a truly memorable experience for every individual who visits our FSC Locations and where you have the chance to demonstrate your passion to deliver the highest standards of customer service and care. No matter what role you perform at the FSC, everyone can make a difference...if you want to join our successful Environmental Education Charity and you have what it takes to make a difference then we want to hear from you.
How to apply:
To apply for this position please download and complete in full the NON-EDUCATION application form. You must ensure that your application includes examples of how you have demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in meeting the requirements of the post detailed in both the job description and person specification.
For all recruitment information and the relevant application form please go to our vacancies web page at:
Send your completed application form to: email@example.com OR Human Resources, FSC Head Office, Preston Montford, Montford Bridge, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY4 1HW.
Please note we do not accept CV’s without a completed application form.
The closing date for receipt of your completed application is 12 noon on Friday 5th January 2018.
Interviews are scheduled to take place at FSC Rhyd-y-creuau on Tuesday 16th January 2018.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by telephone and/or email.
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy please call Elwyn Edwards 01690 713025. We look forward to receiving your application in due course.
Overall Job purpose:
The Cook is a key post in the learning location’s Hospitality & Catering team. You will assist with delivery of the catering service to resident groups. This will include hands-on cooking, kitchen management tasks, and assisting with the supervision of the catering team. This is an active role and will require the post holder to be able to carry out duties associated with kitchen work, including manual handling e.g. carrying saucepans, food items, assisting with food deliveries.
• Cooking and delivering of breakfasts (earliest usually 7.45 am) and evening meals (latest usually 6.30 pm) for up to 120 residential visitors, whilst ensuring the wide variety of dietary needs and tastes are met at all times
• Ensuring all meals are produced in line with health and hygiene regulations
• Accurately completing all monitoring and recording paperwork i.e. HACCP
• Assisting with the compilation of a varied range of menus
• Assisting with the supervision of the catering team
• Assisting with the induction and in-house training of the catering team
• Provision of light lunches or packed lunches for residential groups, as required
• Preparation of home baked items for packed lunches, afternoon teas and supper
• Washing up of utensils, crockery and cutlery as required
• Assisting with sourcing suppliers, stock control, and placing orders
• Receiving deliveries and ensuring they are checked, recorded and correctly stored on arrival
• Providing lunches for staff on duty
• Ensuring that tea/coffee making areas for visitors are kept clean and stocked
• Ensuring that catering equipment is appropriately maintained
• Routine cleaning of the kitchen to ensure hygiene standards are met at all times
• Participating in the cleaning, upkeep and decorating of the kitchen and dining area in off-peak times
• Complying with all relevant legislation / FSC Operating Codes of Practice (OCoPs) / FSC Health and Safety Handbook and FSC procedures
• Delivering a high standard of customer service and customer care
• Ensuring the highest standards of quality are achieved in all duties carried out
• Working closely with other staff to ensure that appropriate levels of service are maintained during absences and periods of high workload
• Maintaining professional standards at all times in accordance with FSC policies
• Fulfilling your obligations under FSC’s Behaviour Partnership to ensure a happy, productive working environment
• Attending staff meetings as well as FSC internal and external training as required, in order to share best practice and improve team and learning location performance, and participating fully in staff development activities (sometimes this may involve travel to other learning locations with the occasional overnight stay)
• Driving: We have a number of vehicles which you may be asked to drive. To do so you will need to be 21 years or over, have a full valid driving licence, to have been driving for at least two years, and undertake an internal assessment on commencement in the role
Subject to meeting certain criteria, you may also be required to drive our minibuses. If you do not hold D1 entitlement and have the appropriate driving experience/certification, you may be required to undertake the relevant training upon commencement of the role
• Undertaking any other duties that may reasonably be required to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the learning location