Youth Workers (Duke of Edinburgh’s Award)
JNC 3-6 for Support workers (pro rata)
JNC 8-11 for Team Leaders (pro rata)
Posts close 17th November
We are seeking Youth Team Leaders and Youth Support Workers who have a real passion for the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Scheme (DofE) to join us in supporting young people through the various levels and to grow DofE in Essex.
You will be working directly with participants in one of our youth centres, supporting them through all the various sections and ensuring they achieve the levels they have entered. This includes the training and delivery of expeditions.
A hill walking qualification is essential for leading groups (BEL/ML/LL) as well as the ability to commit to practice and final expeditions.
This role contributes to the development and delivery of DofE, encouraging the active participation of young people in developing their skills and understanding of others whilst gaining a worthwhile award.
The roles on offer are 3 hours a week over 30 weeks in various locations including: Colchester, Braintree, Chelmsford, Brentwood, Hadleigh, Harlow and, Loughton.
For informal enquiries, please contact Melissa Brooker on 07833902528 email@example.com
What you will need:
• A nationally JNC recognised qualification in youth support work, minimum Level 2 (QCF, VRQ, NVQ or Local) with a willingness to undertake a relevant level three qualification
• Evidence of recent continuous professional development.
• Experience of working with innovative, social education programmes.
• Ability to develop work with young people to achieve planned outcomes.
• Experience of effective use of resources
• Ability to motivate staff.
• Experience of successfully involving young people in decision making processes.
• Knowledge and experience of youth work methods and techniques.
• Excellent level of numeracy, literacy (GCSE A – C or equivalent or demonstrable experience) and ICT
• The job role requires you to be mobile throughout an operational area. Depending on the geographical area, access to a vehicle or another efficient mode of transport will be required
• Work across Essex as per service needs
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees, including:
• A Local Government pension scheme
• Interest free bus and rail season ticket loans, from £100-£5,000 as well as pool bikes and a car sharing scheme
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Annual leave entitlement of up to 29 days per year (depending upon grade and length of service)
• Excellent opportunities for personal and professional development through our specialist learning and development teams
• Extensive induction programmes
• Continued service benefits
• Staff discounts in gyms/travel agencies/car sales/restaurants and days out
Please note ECC regularly reviews its reward and benefits
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success