Seasonal Hospitality & Catering Assistants
We are currently looking for Seasonal Hospitality & Catering Assistants to join our team working at FSC Dale Fort. These are permanent, seasonal positions; the season normally runs from 1 March through to 31 October each year.
We have two positions available across the Hospitality & Catering operations –
• Post 1 – 20 hours per week
• Post 2 – 30 hours per week
Please state on your application form which position you are applying for.
How to apply:
To apply for this position please download and complete in full the BASIC application form You must ensure that your application includes examples of how you have demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in meeting the requirements of the post detailed in both the job description and person specification.
For all recruitment information and relevant application, forms please go to our vacancies web page at:
Send your completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR Human Resources, FSC Head Office, Preston Montford, Montford Bridge, Shrewsbury, Shropshire SY4 1HW
Please note we do not accept CV’s without a completed application form.
Applications will be considered upon arrival and interviews arranged as appropriate.
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy please call Tom Stamp on 01646 623920 We look forward to receiving your application in due course.
Overall Job purpose:
Hospitality & Catering Assistants work in the kitchen, service and housekeeping operations to ensure that the learning location is clean and tidy for visitors at all times whilst contributing to a friendly welcoming atmosphere.
This is essentially an active role and will require the job holder to be able to carry out duties associated with catering and hospitality work, including manual handling, e.g. carrying saucepans, trays of food/crockery and laundry, assisting with food deliveries, making beds and operating vacuum cleaners.
Key Catering Responsibilities:
• Assisting with the preparation and service of breakfast, lunches and evening meals for up to 130 residential visitors and staff, and occasional meals for non-residential groups
• Service and clearing in the dining area at meal times, cleaning the kitchen and operating the dishwasher
• Preparation of sandwich fillings and packed lunch materials
• Helping with the receiving of deliveries and ensuring they are checked and correctly stored on arrival
• Ensuring that tea/coffee making areas for visitors are kept clean and stocked
Key Housekeeping Responsibilities:
• Routine and additional cleaning or preparation of the learning location for all users: including bedrooms, corridors, public areas, staff areas, classrooms, bathroom, shower and toilet facilities
• Keeping all exits and corridors free from obstructions, ensuring that equipment is safely stored and laundry/house cupboards are organised and tidy
• Ensuring laundry is completed in a timely manner
• Recognising areas requiring additional cleaning, tackling these where possible and where necessary reporting these to your Line Manager
• Undertaking a variety of miscellaneous tasks which could include serving in the shop/bar, collecting or delivering people or materials in FSC vehicles, grounds maintenance, assisting with general maintenance and painting around the learning location
• Due to the remote nature of FSC Pembrokeshire Centres they cannot always be accessed by public transport and it would therefore be an advantage if the post holder were able to drive. To drive FSC vehicles you will need to be 21 years or over, have a full valid driving licence, to have been driving for at least two years, and undertake an internal assessment on commencement in the role.
• Complying with all relevant legislation / FSC Operating Codes of Practice (OCoPs) / FSC Health and Safety Handbook and FSC procedures
• Delivering a high standard of customer service and customer care
• Ensuring the highest standards of quality are achieved in all duties carried out
• Working closely with other staff to ensure that appropriate levels of service are maintained during absences and periods of high workload
• Maintaining professional standards at all times in accordance with FSC policies
• Fulfilling your obligations under FSC’s Behaviour Partnership to ensure a happy, productive working environment
• Attending staff meetings as well as FSC internal and external training as required, in order to share best practice and improve team and learning location performance, and participating fully in staff development activities (sometimes this may involve travel to other learning locations with the occasional overnight stay)
• Undertaking any other duties that may reasonably be required to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the learning location