We have a number of catering roles available. Positions can be combined for more hours, or applications for fewer hours/days may be considered for the right candidate. All roles are flexible with part time hours considered.
Imagine a role that offers you both unique opportunities and challenges; where you are an important part of an empowered team who strive to create a truly memorable experience for every individual who visits our FSC Locations and where you have the chance to demonstrate your passion to deliver the highest standards of customer service and care. No matter what role you perform at the FSC, everyone can make a difference...if you want to join our successful Environmental Education Charity and you have what it takes to make a difference then we want to hear from you.
How to apply:
To apply for this position please download and complete in full the BASIC application form. You must ensure that your application includes examples of how you have demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in meeting the requirements of the post detailed in both the job description and person specification.
For all recruitment information and relevant application form please go to our vacancies web page at: www.field-studies-council.org/vacancies
Send your completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR Human Resources, FSC Head Office, Preston Montford, Montford Bridge, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY4 1HW
Applications will be considered upon arrival and interviews arranged as appropriate. If you have any queries regarding this vacancy please call Maddy Jones on 01306 734501. We look forward to receiving your application in due course.
Overall Job purpose:
Catering Assistants work in the kitchen and service operations supporting the Lead Cook and team to ensure the smooth running of catering operations whilst contributing to a friendly welcoming atmosphere at the learning location.
This is essentially an active role and will require the job holder to be able to carry out duties associated with kitchen work including manual handling, e.g. carrying saucepans, trays of food/crockery and assisting with food deliveries.
• Assisting with the preparation and service of breakfast, lunches and evening meals for up to 120 residential visitors and staff, and occasional meals for non-residential groups
• Service and clearing in the dining area at meal times, cleaning the kitchen and operating the dishwasher
• Preparation of sandwich fillings and packed lunch materials
• Helping with the receiving of deliveries and ensuring they are checked and correctly stored on arrival
• Ensuring that tea/coffee making areas for visitors are kept clean and stocked
• Recognising areas requiring additional cleaning, tackling these where possible and where necessary reporting these to your Line Manager
• Keeping all exits and corridors free from obstructions, ensuring that equipment is safely stored
• Undertaking a variety of miscellaneous tasks which could include serving in the shop/bar, grounds maintenance, assisting with general maintenance and painting around the learning location
• Complying with all relevant legislation / FSC Operating Codes of Practice (OCoPs) / FSC Health and Safety Handbook and FSC procedures
• Delivering a high standard of customer service and customer care
• Ensuring the highest standards of quality are achieved in all duties carried out
• Working closely with other staff to ensure that appropriate levels of service are maintained during absences and periods of high workload
• Maintaining a high standard of personal hygiene & personal appearance in accordance with FSC policies
• Fulfilling your obligations under FSC’s Behaviour Partnership to ensure a happy, productive working environment
• Attending staff meetings as well as FSC internal and external training as required, in order to share best practice and improve team and learning location performance, and participating fully in staff development activities (sometimes this may involve travel to other learning locations with the occasional overnight stay)
• Undertaking any other duties that may reasonably be required to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the learning location
The expectations of every employee that we regard as essential include:
• A positive and passionate work attitude
• A desire to show pride in all aspects of their work
• A flexible approach with a willingness to adapt to changes
• An ability to work using your own initiative both independently and as a competent, effective team member
• An ability to work under pressure and prioritise work to meet tight deadlines
• Always treating others with courtesy, dignity and respect
• A commitment and contribution to improving FSC’s environmental performance
• A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges