Hospitality & Catering Assistant
We are currently recruiting for two to three fixed term posts expected to end on 31st October 2017.
Flexibility offered on hours and work pattern to be discussed at Interview.
Imagine a role that offers you both unique opportunities and challenges; where you are an important part of an empowered team who strive to create a truly memorable experience for every individual who visits our FSC Locations and where you have the chance to demonstrate your passion to deliver the highest standards of customer service and care. No matter what role you perform at the FSC, everyone can make a difference...if you want to join our successful Environmental Education Charity and you have what it takes to make a difference then we want to hear from you.
How to apply:
To apply for this position please download and complete in full the BASIC application form. You must ensure that your application includes examples of how you have demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in meeting the requirements of the post detailed in both the job description and person specification.
For all recruitment information and the relevant application form please go to our vacancies web page at:
Send your completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR
Human Resources, FSC Head Office, Preston Montford, Montford Bridge, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY4 1HW
Please note we do not accept CV’s without a completed application form. Applications will be considered on arrival.
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy please call Jane Richmond on 01639 895636. We look forward to receiving your application in due course.
Overall Job purpose:
Hospitality & Catering Assistants work in the kitchen (including the cafe), service and housekeeping operations to ensure that the learning location is clean and tidy for visitors at all times whilst contributing to a friendly welcoming atmosphere.
This is essentially an active role and will require the job holder to be able to carry out duties associated with housekeeping & kitchen work including manual handling, e.g. carrying saucepans, trays of food/crockery and laundry, assisting with food deliveries, making beds and operating vacuum cleaners.
• Assisting with the preparation and service of breakfast, lunches and evening meals for up to 130 residential visitors and staff, and occasional meals for non-residential groups
• Service and clearing in the dining area at meal times, cleaning the kitchen and operating the dishwasher
• Preparation of sandwich fillings and packed lunch materials
• Helping provide refreshments and light lunches for the general public visiting Margam Discovery Centres cafe
• Operating the till and general handling of cash
• Helping with the receiving of deliveries and ensuring they are checked and correctly stored on arrival
• Ensuring that tea/coffee making areas for visitors are kept clean and stocked
• Recognising areas requiring additional cleaning, tackling these where possible and where necessary reporting these to your Line Manager
• Routine and additional cleaning or preparation of the learning location for all users: including bedrooms, corridors, public areas, staff areas, classrooms, bathroom, shower and toilet facilities
• Keeping all exits and corridors free from obstructions, ensuring that equipment is safely stored and laundry/house cupboards are organised and tidy
• Ensuring laundry is completed in a timely manner
• Undertaking a variety of miscellaneous tasks which could include serving in the shop/bar, collecting or delivering people or materials in FSC vehicles, grounds maintenance, assisting with general maintenance and painting around the learning location