Description: Administrative Assistant with FSC Blencathra Centre, Cumbria
Imagine a role that offers you both unique opportunities and challenges; where you are an important part of an empowered team who strive to create a truly memorable experience for every individual who visits our FSC Locations and where you have the chance to demonstrate your passion to deliver the highest standards of customer service and care. No matter what role you perform at the FSC, everyone can make a difference...if you want to join our successful Environmental Education Charity and you have what it takes to make a difference then we want to hear from you.
How to apply:
To apply for this position please download and complete in full the NON-EDUCATION application form. You must ensure that your application includes examples of how you have demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in meeting the requirements of the post detailed in both the Job Description and Person Specification.
The closing date for receipt of your completed application form is 12 noon on Friday 28th July 2017 Interviews are scheduled to take place at Blencathra Field Centre in the week commencing Monday 7th August 2017
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy please call Sue Abraham Office Manager on 017687 79601. We look forward to receiving your application in due course.
Overall Job Purpose:
To assist in all administrative duties to ensure the smooth running of FSC Blencathra. Assisting in the delivery of a proactive and professional administrative support service to external customers, internal colleagues and teams. As the first point of contact for customers visiting, telephoning and emailing it is imperative that the post holder delivers the highest level of customer service and care at all times.
This is essentially an active role and the post holder will have to undertake manual handling duties associated with this post for example taking delivery of parcels and moving office files.
• Being a key ‘front of house’ member of staff, the first point of contact for customers and a role model for customer care
• Assisting in the provision of administrative support for the smooth running of FSC Blencathra
• Assisting with handling enquiries, processing Leisure Learning Cottage Bookings and other course bookings while helping to maintain the FSC bookings database
• Keeping accurate records of booking details and proficiently handling subsequent booking correspondence
• Creating and maintaining positive working relationships with internal and external customers and colleagues, to ensure effective communication and co-operative working
• Assisting with customer liaison to ensure that payments are made within agreed timescales
• Ensuring all telephone calls and emails coming into FSC Blencathra are handled in a professional and timely manner ensuring the highest standard of customer care
• Ensuring all enquiries that cannot be dealt with are passed to a senior colleague as appropriate
• Following policies and procedures, in particular observing the importance of confidentiality
• Assisting with promoting the work of FSC Blencathra and its programmes to potential customers
• Dealing with lost property
• Undertaking other routine administrative tasks in a timely and efficient manner, e.g. filing, petty cash handling and record keeping
• Responsible for the distribution of mail (internal and external)
• Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of all areas of the Centre’s work in order to respond knowledgeably to enquiries from the public or members of Centre staff