Reports to: Waterfront Manager & Centre Manager
Wage – 4000 Yuan Accommodation – 1-2 people shared room
Flights – Return flights to and from China Visa – Repaid on arrival at BSC
Main Purpose of Job
This role is to continue the development of an existing water sports company putting it at the forefront of the Chinese sailing industry. The position will involve a hands on approach to delivering sailing as to all different levels of clients.
Provide professional Instruction to all levels whilst ensuring a safe sailing environment. Enabling children and adults to learn water sports in a fun manner all employees work as a team to offer a high level of customer service at all times.
• Running of formal and informal instruction through structured dinghy.
• Run effective rescue boat cover.
• Running of weekly Races and Regattas.
• When on duty maintain a lookout over the whole sailing area.
• Carry out beach duties, including rigging and de-rigging of boats and launch and recovery of all boats, maintaining safety of the guests and craft.
• Provide excellent customer service at all times.
• Follow all beach operating standards.
• Provide supervision for children when in your care.
• Carryout evening care duties when needed.
• Contribute fully to the overall running of the Centre.
• Carry out other duties within your ability as requested by your line manager.
• You will be required to be flexible in your job role and may be required to move between different centres according to operational needs.
• Minimum 1 seasons experience as a water sports instructor.
• Highly motivated individual.
• Competent swimmer.
• Knowledge of health & safety legislation.
• Ability to work as a reliable member of the team.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Good communication skills- oral and written.
• Good with children.
• Suitable CRB check.
RYA Dinghy/Windsurf Instructors qualification, Race Coach, Powerboat level 2, Safety Boat Drivers certificate, Valid First Aid certificate. Other watersports qualifications or experience is desired in areas of Canoeing/ Kayaking and Stand up paddle boarding.