The Maritime Foundation NCFE (level 3 introductory certificate) – UKSA
UKSA is a national maritime youth charity, based on the Isle of Wight, with a vision to widen access to maritime training, to enhance life skills and employment in the sector. We are the largest RYA training centre in the world, providing schools and groups activity programmes, full time education courses and professional career training in yachting and watersports.
UKSA is adhering to the respective Government and public health guidance and have been accepted for the UK-wide ‘We’re good to go’ industry standard mark.
If you want an alternative to school or 6th form college and have a passion for the outdoors, UKSA's two year Maritime Foundation NCFE (level 3 introductory certificate) could be what you are looking for. The course is aimed at those who have no prior experience in watersports or yachting and provides the essential skills, qualifications, and knowledge required to start a career within the Maritime Industry.
This course is fully-funded as part of a full-time 16-18 year-old further education (FE) programme. On completion of this course, learners are able to progress towards employment within the maritime sectors including watersports instruction, superyachts, merchant navy, Royal Navy, workboats and fisheries. Aiming towards roles such as seaman or deckhand.
· Interest or experience in watersports, outdoor education or maritime industry
· Successful interview at UKSA
· Students who do not have a 9-4 GCSE grades in English or Maths will be required to complete functional skills or GCSE’s in English and Maths, whilst attending the Maritime Foundation.
Duration: 2 years
Location: Cowes, Isle of Wight, UK
Qualifications (work towards achieving in year one):
· RYA Dinghy Instructor
· Introduction into Windsurfing
· RYA Powerboat Level 2
· RYA First aid
· RYA Safe and Fun
· BC Foundation Safety and Rescue Training
Qualifications (work towards achieving in year two) :
· RYA Competent Crew
· RYA Day Skipper Theory and Practical
· STCW Basic Safety Training
· RYA Safety Boat
· RYA Personal Watercraft Proficiency
· Keelboat Introduction
· RYA Marine Short Range Radio certificate
· NCFE Level 3 Introductory Certificate in Outdoor Pathway
·During this 2-year programme, 80% of your training will be practical with the remaining 20% theory.
·4 days a week minimum, non-residential
This course is fully-funded as part of a full-time 16-18 year-old further education (FE) programme.
Call our dedicated course advisors on 01983 203038
For the full details of the UKSA course -