UKSA Watersports Academy
UKSA is a national maritime youth charity, based on the Isle of Wight, with a vision to widen access to maritime training, to enhance life skills and employment in the sector. We are the largest RYA training centre in the world, providing schools and groups activity programmes, full time education courses and professional career training in yachting and watersports.
UKSA is adhering to the respective Government and public health guidance and have been accepted for the UK-wide ‘We’re good to go’ industry standard mark
We don't just offer certification and training, as a maritime youth charity we can offer that something extra. We really look after our young people. We have a fantastic fleet, a waterfront campus in Cowes on the Isle of Wight, inspirational instructors and great facilities.
This Watersports Academy course is aimed at students aged 18-25 who want to train and work in the UK. For maximum employability, you will qualify in teaching dinghy sailing, paddleboard, Paddlesport and windsurfing – making you very desirable within the watersports industry. Upon successful completion of the scheme, you will be guaranteed employment for two seasons (April-September) with UKSA, with a chance to extend this over the winter. If you want to walk straight into employment in the UK on graduation, this course is for you.
· Aged 18-25
· An outgoing personality
· Previous experience in watersports is desirable but not essential
· Customer service experience is desirable
· Successful interview at UKSA
Cowes, Isle of Wight, UK
Dinghy Sailing Qualifications:
· RYA Start Sailing Level 1
· RYA Basic Skills Level 2
· RYA Better Sailing Level 3
· RYA Seamanship Skill Modules
· RYA Advanced Sailing
· RYA Dinghy Instructor Pre-Assessment
· RYA Dinghy Instructor
· RYA Multihull Endorsement
· RYA Start Windsurfing
· RYA Intermediate Windsurfing (non-planing)
· RYA Intermediate Windsurfing (planing)
· RYA Advanced Windsuring
· RYA Start Windsurf Instructor
Paddlesport and Paddleboarding Qualifications:
· BC Foundation Safety and Rescue Training
· BC Kayak and Canoe Training
· SUP Training
· RYA Powerboat Level 2
· RYA Marine Short Range Radio
· RYA First Aid
· RYA Safe and Fun
All food and accommodation is included. No hidden costs.
UKSA run a variety of watersports instructor courses with different disciplines, training locations and employment outcomes.
Call our dedicated course advisors on 01983 203028
For the full details of the UKSA course -