Instructor Training Course
The Adventure Beyond Instructor Training Course, (ABTI), is a 12-week course for individuals wishing to become more effective and employable in the outdoor adventure activities industry.
The aim is to develop good basic skills, and turn you into a first class Assistant Instructor, using the amazing Welsh countryside, and the Pembrokeshire Coast.
Course start date January 7th 2013
12 week self catered instructor training cost £5724
This is the training element of the course and will include group and, training days, personal development time.
Why choose the ABTI Course?
Our Team have worked in many Outdoor Centres, Colleges, Universities, and have coached National Teams. With their help this training will develop your soft and technical skills to include, group management and control, client assessment, one to one skills with clients and other staff, generic and on the day risk assessments, kit care, maintenance and stores management.
The activities we offer
• River kayaking
• Sea Kayaking
• Hill walking
• White Water Rafting
• Team Building
• Mountain Biking
• Gorge Walking
• Outdoor 1st aid course
• Foundation safety and rescue
• 1- 2 star canoe and kayak
• Coasteering training validation
• Gorge walking training validation
• Gold Duke of Edinburgh award training
To make the most of our environment, we can also offer you the opportunity to develop skills in other outdoor areas.
• Farm hand – if you want to add another string to your 'Outdoor Bow', we can give you hands on experience on our Farm. You would still attend Outdoor Instructor Training, and for a couple of days a week, you would be getting stuck in with farm work, learning skills that are essential to working in the countryside.
Skills we aim to develop:
Hedge Laying, Fencing, Land Management, Sheep Management & Lambing, Cow Management, Calving and Showing. If you ever considered working or living on a farm, this is the best way to learn.
• The Office – This is essential if you are looking to develop into a Senior Instructor, Course Director, or an Administration Genius. You will spend time in the office, learning the skills needed in the day-to-day running of the office. You will also learn the skills needed to help plan, manage, and run a centre.
After completing the 12-weeks we will offer the top trainees the chance to come and join us for a fantastic Welsh Summer, earning £120 perweek, which gives you plenty of time to put your skills and knowledge to the test, proving to us that you were born to be in a wetsuit!
Complete a season out there in the big wet world we then have the offer of another 12 – 16 weeks to help you gain the assessments and skills needed to become a lead instructor for the following year.