Description: NCS Wave Leader
Induction and Training Dates
Compulsory Training - 26/04/2019 (paid)
Assessment day / Meet & Greet - 31/05/2019 (paid)
4 week programmes -1/07/19 – 25/07/19
-29/07/19 – 21/08/19
Celebration event: Availability required 6.9.19 or 7.9.19
Salary - Up to £2000 per 4 week programme (minimum 4 weeks required)
oversee the pastoral support and behaviour management of young people through all stages of their NCS journey. Responsible for the smooth running of 2 consecutive NCS waves, managing up to 110 young people per wave and 16 staff members. Wave Leaders are responsible for day to day running of every phase of the programme; two residential trips away from home, local skills workshops and social action projects.
• Oversee the NCS programme ensuring it runs smoothly and to schedule.
• Provide support requirements to young people including behavioural, physical or emotional support
• Manage a team of 16 staff throughout the programme
• Monitor the performance of Team Leaders and support them, providing feedback on performance
• Ensure safety and pastoral care of all young people
• Lead engaging sessions and assist with the delivery where necessary.
• Assist the NCS Coordinator to ensure all necessary and appropriate safeguarding, data handling, health and safety and other legal requirements are in place to protect NCS participants and staff.
• Support the NCS Team Leaders to deal with challenging behaviour from young people.
• Work to the highest professional standards, supporting others to achieve outstanding levels of performance
• Promote the values of Entrust and NCS and consistently demonstrate desired behaviours.
• Maintain standards of operational excellence and consistently perform to meet the required standards.
• Engage young people and colleagues through clear and constructive communication
• Engage directly with young people before and during the programme, ensuring positive relationships with both young people and their parents/guardians
• Support the design and development of creative and engaging activities that appeal to a broad social mix of young people.
• Plan and monitor activity to create the best possible experience for all young people
• Use and respond to young people and Team Leader feedback
• Experience managing and inspiring a staff team
• Experience of working in a fast paced and demanding environment with the ability to make decisions under pressure
• Experience of planning, coordinating and delivering programmes to young people.
• A relevant youth work, teaching, health and social care qualification or equivalent
• Team work and coordinating experience with proven examples of achieving desired outcomes
• Work on own initiative with the ability to solve problems independently using creative thinking
• Excellent communication skills, able to communicate to a wide variety of people.
• Effective listener, empathetic and non-judgmental with a desire to understand the fears and needs of young people
• Commitment to equal opportunities
• Commitment to safeguarding and protecting young people and team leaders with knowledge of health and safety guidelines and other policies and procedures
• Provide pastoral support and steps to manage challenging behaviour
• Flexible approach to work with the ability to adapt working styles to different environments and participants needs
• Positive and motivated attitude, with a passion for building stronger communities and an ability to build a high level of trust with those around them.
Phase One: 1/07/19- 5/07/19 - Adventure Residential trip
Phase Two: 8/07/19- 12/07/19 - Residential Life skills Stafford based
Phase Three A: 15/07/19- 18/07/19 - Social Action Project planning around Stone/ Stafford
Phase Three B: 22/07/19 – 25/07/19 - Social Action Project delivery around Stone/ Stafford
Graduation: 06.09.19 or 07.09.19
Phase One: 29/07/19- 2/08/19 - Adventure Residential trip
Phase Two: 5/08/19- 9/08/19 - Residential Life skills Stafford based
Phase Three A: 12/08/19- 15/08/19 - Social Action Project planning around Stone/ Stafford
Phase Three B: 19/08/19 – 22/08/19 - Social Action Project delivery around Stone/ Stafford
Graduation: 06.09.19 or 07.09.19