Scale Points 7 - 10, actual pro-rata salary is £5,185 - £5,759 per annum (the full time equivalent salary is £16,556 - £18,783 per annum)
12 hours per week.
For the full job details please visit our website at www.field-studies-council.org/vacancies.aspx
Imagine a role that offers you both unique opportunities and challenges; where you are an important part of an empowered team who strive to create a truly memorable experience for every individual who visits our FSC Locations and where you have the chance to demonstrate your passion to deliver the highest standards of customer service and care. No matter what role you perform at the FSC, everyone can make a difference... if you want to join our successful Environmental Education Charity and you have what it takes to make a difference then we want to hear from you.
How to apply:
For all recruitment information and relevant application forms please go to our vacancies web page at:
To apply for this position please download and complete in full the NON-EDUCATION application form. You must ensure that your application includes examples of how you have demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in meeting the requirements of the post detailed in both the job description and person specification.
Send your completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR Human Resources, FSC Head Office, Preston Montford, Montford Bridge, Shrewsbury, Shropshire SY4 1HW
Please note we do not accept CV’s without a completed application form.
The closing date for receipt of your completed application is 12 noon on Tuesday 27th March 2018
Interviews are scheduled to take place at FSC Flatford Mill on Friday 6th April 2018
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy please call John Blair on Tel No. 01206 297110 We look forward to receiving your application in due course.
Overall Job Purpose:
To provide support to the learning location’s administration team in terms of communication with the customer, administering the invoicing/accounts system, and responding to enquiries from both staff and customers.
Although primarily office based, this is essentially a pro-active role which will require moderate physical effort, i.e. moving office files and intensive periods of time spent working on computer systems.
• Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of all areas of the learning location’s work in order to respond knowledgeably to enquiries from the public or members of learning location staff
• Ensuring telephone calls and emails coming into the Learning Location are handled in a professional and timely manner, and that any enquiries that cannot be dealt with are passed to a senior colleague as appropriate
• Effectively managing internal financial systems, including purchase and expenses, petty cash, monthly and quarterly returns, sales and processing cheque and cash receipts. Submitting details to FSC Head Office within the agreed timescales
• Being a key ‘front of house’ member of staff - a first point of contact for customers - and a role model for customer care
• Assisting in the provision of general administrative support for the smooth running of the Learning location
• Assisting with the Learning Location bookings diary and availability calendar, taking and processing course bookings and maintaining the FSC database
• Keeping accurate records of booking details and proficiently handling subsequent booking correspondence
• Ensuring sales invoices are issued on a timely basis in accordance with booking conditions
• Closely liaising with customers and suppliers to ensure that payments are made and money is received within agreed timescales
• Reconciling and returning working spreadsheet for the Learning Location Charge Card statement to FSC Head Office
• Undertaking weekly banking and reconciling to the FSC Database
• Undertaking weekly reconciliations of credit card receipts to the FSC Database
• Assisting with the development of the annual Individual and Family Course Programme, and liaising with external tutors re course requirements and to produce promotional material
• Working closely with other Learning Location staff to monitor and control income & expenditure in line with the budget and produce management information
• Assisting with staff recruitment and administration and day-to-day HR processes for the Learning Location
• Promoting the work of the Learning Location and its programmes to potential customers, stakeholders and partners
• Complying with all relevant legislation / FSC Operating Codes of Practice (OCoPs) / FSC Health and Safety Handbook and FSC procedures
• Taking an active role in the learning location’s evening and residential duty system – this will involve staying on site on some evenings and overnight to deal with customer issues and respond to emergencies.
• Delivering a high standard of customer service and customer care
• Ensuring the highest standards of quality are achieved in all duties carried out
• Working closely with other staff to ensure that appropriate levels of service are maintained during absences and periods of high workload
• Maintaining professional standards at all times in accordance with FSC policies
• Fulfilling your obligations under FSC’s Behaviour Partnership to ensure a happy, productive working environment
• Attending staff meetings as well as FSC internal and external training as required, in order to share best practice and improve team and learning location performance, and participating fully in staff development activities (sometimes this may involve travel to other learning locations with the occasional overnight stay)
• Driving: We have a number of vehicles which you will be asked to drive. To do so, you will need to be 21 years or over, have a full valid driving licence, to have been driving for at least two years, and undertake an internal assessment on commencement in the role
• Undertaking any other duties that may reasonably be required to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the learning location