Casual Hospitality & Catering Assistant
Imagine a role that offers you both unique opportunities and challenges; where you are an important part of an empowered team who strive to create a truly memorable experience for every individual who visits our FSC Locations and where you have the chance to demonstrate your passion to deliver the highest standards of customer service and care. No matter what role you perform at the FSC, everyone can make a difference...if you want to join our successful Environmental Education Charity and you have what it takes to make a difference then we want to hear from you.
How to apply:
To apply for this position please download and complete in full the BASIC application form. You must ensure that your application includes examples of how you have demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in meeting the requirements of the post detailed in both the job description and person specification.
For all recruitment information and the relevant application form please go to our vacancies web page at:
Send your completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR
Human Resources, FSC Head Office, Preston Montford, Montford Bridge, Shrewsbury, SY4 1HW
Please note we do not accept CV’s without a completed application form. Applications will be considered upon arrival and interviews arranged as appropriate.
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy please call Natalie Bury on 01206 297110. We look forward to receiving your application in due course.
Overall Job purpose:
Hospitality & Catering Assistants work in the kitchen, service and housekeeping operations to ensure the smooth running of catering operations and that the learning location is clean and tidy for visitors at all times, whilst contributing to a friendly welcoming atmosphere.
This is essentially an active role and will require the post holder to be able to carry out duties associated with housekeeping and kitchen work, including manual handling, e.g. carrying saucepans, trays of food/crockery and laundry, assisting with food deliveries, making beds and operating vacuum cleaners.
• Assisting with the preparation and service of breakfast, lunches and evening meals for up to 85 residential visitors and staff, and occasional meals for non-residential groups, in accordance with health and hygiene regulations
• Service and clearing in the dining area at meal times, cleaning the kitchen and operating the dishwasher
• Preparation of sandwich fillings and packed lunch materials
• Helping with the receiving of deliveries and ensuring they are checked and correctly stored on arrival
• Ensuring that tea/coffee making areas for visitors are kept clean and stocked
• Maintaining cleanliness and hygiene throughout the dining room, kitchen, pantry and other storage areas, based on daily and weekly cleaning rotas
• Recognising areas requiring additional cleaning, tackling these where possible and where necessary reporting these to your Line Manager
• Preparation of customer accommodation: including clearing and making up of beds, provision of towels, and restocking of tea/coffee making facilities
• Routine and additional cleaning or preparation of the learning location for all users: including bedrooms, corridors, public areas, staff areas, classrooms, bathroom, shower and toilet facilities
• Keeping all exits and corridors free from obstructions, ensuring that equipment is safely stored and laundry/house cupboards are organised and tidy
• Ensuring laundry is completed in a timely manner
• Undertaking a variety of miscellaneous tasks which could include serving in the shop, grounds maintenance, assisting with general maintenance and painting around the learning location
• Complying with all relevant legislation / FSC Operating Codes of Practice (OCoPs) / FSC Health and Safety Handbook and FSC procedures
• Delivering a high standard of customer service and customer care
• Ensuring the highest standards of quality are achieved in all duties carried out
• Working closely with other staff to ensure that appropriate levels of service are maintained during absences and periods of high workload
• Maintaining professional standards at all times in accordance with FSC policies
• Fulfilling your obligations under FSC’s Behaviour Partnership to ensure a happy, productive working environment
• Attending staff meetings as well as FSC internal and external training as required, in order to share best practice and improve team and learning location performance, and participating fully in staff development activities (sometimes this may involve travel to other learning locations with the occasional overnight stay)
• Undertaking any other duties that may reasonably be required to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the learning location