Imagine a role that offers you both unique opportunities and challenges; where you are an important part of an empowered team who strive to create a truly memorable experience for every individual who visits our FSC Locations and where you have the chance to demonstrate your passion to deliver the highest standards of customer service and care. No matter what role you perform at the FSC, everyone can make a difference... if you want to join our successful Environmental Education Charity and you have what it takes to make a difference then we want to hear from you.
How to apply:
To apply for this position please download and complete in full the NON EDUCATION application form. You must ensure that your application includes examples of how you have demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in meeting the requirements of the post detailed in both the job description and person specification.
For all recruitment information and relevant application forms please go to our vacancies web page at:
Send your completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR
Human Resources, FSC Head Office, Preston Montford, Montford Bridge, Shrewsbury, Shropshire SY4 1HW
Please note we do not accept CV’s without a completed application form.
The closing date for receipt of your completed application is 12 noon on Friday 19th January 2018.
Interviews are scheduled to take place at Slapton Ley Field Centre in the week commencing 22nd January 2018
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy please call Andy Pratt on 01548 580466. We look forward to receiving your application in due course.
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE:
The Site Manager will be responsible for the management of buildings and land at Slapton Ley Field Centre, National Nature Reserve and Start Bay Centre. They will be responsible for sustainable management and ecological conservation as well as presentation, visitor access and health & safety.
This is essentially an active role and will require the job holder to be able to carry out duties associated with maintenance work, including manual handling e.g. moving and operating equipment and tools.
• Writing and implementing Annual Action Plans for the National Nature Reserve, buildings and grounds
• Managing associated maintenance budgets for buildings, land and vehicles circa £200,000 per annum
• Supporting the Head of Centre to develop and implement development and maintenance projects
• Maintaining and developing internal and external buildings, to ensure functionality, presentation and sustainability
• Overseeing the maintenance, service, periodic inspection and testing of all plant and equipment
• Ensuring appropriate routine checks are carried out on any learning location vehicles and arranging MOTs, servicing and repairs as required
• Having responsibility for maintaining, monitoring and recording all internal systems relating to Health and Safety within the buildings including heating & hot water, alarm systems, sewage system, electronic door locks, portable electrical equipment, access equipment, personal protective equipment, etc
• Managing Maintenance and NNR staff to oversee their development including induction, training and personal development reviews
• Managing contractors for planned and reactive maintenance work to ensure quality, value for money and adherence to Health and Safety regulations
• Working with the Hospitality & Catering Manager and their team to maintain internal and external presentation and maintain furniture, decoration, fixtures and fittings
• Managing volunteers and work experience students working within the National Nature Reserve, grounds and buildings
• Contributing to the senior management team to think strategically and oversee the development of the Centre as a whole
• Liaising with partners involved in the management of the National Nature Reserve.
• Complying with all relevant legislation / FSC Operating Codes of Practice (OCoPs) / FSC Health and Safety Handbook and FSC procedures
• Taking an active role in the learning location’s evening and residential duty system - this will involve staying on site on some evenings and overnight to deal with customer issues and, with the support of a Senior member of staff, respond to emergencies
• Delivering a high standard of customer service and customer care
• Ensuring the highest standards of quality are achieved in all duties carried out
• Working closely with other staff to ensure that appropriate levels of service are maintained during absences and periods of high workload
• Maintaining professional standards at all times in accordance with FSC policies
• Fulfilling your obligations under FSC’s Behaviour Partnership to ensure a happy, productive working environment
• Attending staff meetings as well as FSC internal and external training as required, in order to share best practice and improve team and learning location performance, and participating fully in staff development activities (sometimes this may involve travel to other learning locations with the occasional overnight stay)
• Driving: We have a number of vehicles which you will be asked to drive. To do so, you will need to be 21 years or over, have a full valid driving licence, to have been driving for at least two years, and undertake an internal assessment on commencement in the role
Subject to meeting certain criteria, you may also be required to drive our minibuses. If you do not hold D1 entitlement and have the appropriate driving experience/certification, you may be required to undertake the relevant training upon commencement of the role
• Undertaking any other duties that may reasonably be required to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the learning location