Imagine a role that offers you both unique opportunities and challenges; where you are an important part of an empowered team who strive to create a truly memorable experience for every individual who visits our FSC Locations and where you have the chance to demonstrate your passion to deliver the highest standards of customer service and care. No matter what role you perform at the FSC, everyone can make a difference... if you want to join our successful Environmental Education Charity and you have what it takes to make a difference then we want to hear from you.
How to apply:
For all recruitment information and relevant application forms please go to our vacancies web page at:
To apply for this position please download and complete in full the NON-EDUCATION application form You must ensure that your application includes examples of how you have demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in meeting the requirements of the post detailed in both the job description and person specification.
Send your completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR
Human Resources, FSC Head Office, Preston Montford, Montford Bridge, Shrewsbury, Shropshire SY4 1HW
Please note we do not accept CV’s without a completed application form.
The closing date for receipt of your completed application is 12 noon on Wednesday 3rd January 2018
Interviews are scheduled to take place at Orielton Field Centre in the week commencing 8th January 2018.
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy please call Chris Millican on 01646 623920. We look forward to receiving your application in due course.
Overall Job Purpose:
To manage the main office systems across FSC Pembrokeshire and to provide critical support to the learning location teams in terms of communication with our customers; administering the invoicing and accounts system, and responding to enquiries from both staff and customers. FSC Pembrokeshire incorporates both Orielton Field Centre and our seasonal centre, Dale Fort. Due to the seasonal closure of Dale Fort during the periods November to March each year, the main office is located at Orielton.
The Office Manager is responsible for leading and managing the Pembrokeshire office team to ensure excellent administration, financial management, communication and information flow for internal and external customers. The Pembrokeshire office teams consists of one full time Administrator and one Seasonal Administrative Assistant.
The post holder will have experience in either administration or financial management and will, as part of their role, carry out those duties and support the other within a busy office.
Although primarily office based, this is essentially a pro-active role which will require moderate physical effort, i.e. moving office files and intensive periods of time spent working on computer systems.
• Effectively line managing the administration staff, providing clear direction, motivation, support and feedback to include:
• Having an active role in their staff development and performance management including carrying out Personal Development Reviews (PDR’s) in line with FSC procedures
• Having a key role in the recruitment, selection and induction of office staff, as required
• Working with your team to develop and implement action plans and task lists, and ensure these implemented effectively
• Ensuring that all members of the office team comply with FSC systems, Codes of Practices and relevant legislation
• Contributing to the leadership and development of FSC Pembrokeshire as a member of the Centre Management Team
• Managing the learning location office and its systems, including reception, whilst undertaking routine aspects of the office function such as general administration, reception duties, use of databases and financial procedures
• Being a key ‘front of house’ member of staff, the first point of contact for customers and a role model for customer care
• Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of all areas of the learning location’s work in order to respond knowledgeably to enquiries from the public or members of learning location staff
• Having overall management responsibility for the learning location bookings diary and calendar including the processing bookings from initial enquiry stage through to final payment and the customer’s arrival at the learning location; inputting data onto the FSC database; liaising with Hospitality and Catering Manager, Education Team Leader and administrative team on a weekly basis to ensure the communication of customer needs, especially meal and dietary requirements
• Maintaining an overview of business to enable market analysis and forecasting
• Being part of the Centre’s daily duty management team
• Being part of the learning location’s on-call/duty team to deal with customer issues and respond to emergencies – this will involve being on call overnight and on some weekends on a rota basis to deal with customer issues and respond to emergencies
• The effective management of internal financial systems, including purchases and expenses, petty cash, monthly and quarterly returns, sales, invoicing, and processing cheque and cash receipts. Submitting details to FSC Head Office with in the agreed timescales
• Working closely with FSC Head Office and learning location staff to monitor and control income & expenditure in line with the learning location budget, and to produce management information
• Communicating with customers and suppliers to ensure that payments are made and money is received within agreed timescales
Internal and External Communication:
• Ensuring that telephone, email and in-person enquiries are handled appropriately, and the highest standards of customer care are achieved
• Co-ordinating the transport arrangements for visits; including organising FSC vehicles, hire vehicles, and coach firms
• Responding to requests for further information for market analysis
• Taking initiatives to improve systems in alignment with the charity’s wider objectives
• Contributing to the leadership of the learning location as a member of the learning location’s Management Team
• Administration of the annual Leisure Learning and Professional Course Programme, including liaising with external tutors regarding course requirements and producing promotional material for these courses
• Assisting with the production of the Annual action plan and undertaking associated reporting
• Contributing to the promotion of the learning location to expand the customer base
• Actively working with the Head of FSC Pembrokeshire and marketing team to promote all of our courses
• Complying with all relevant legislation / FSC Operating Codes of Practice (OCoPs) / FSC Health and Safety Handbook and FSC procedures
• Ensuring the highest standards of quality, customer service and customer care are achieved in all duties carried out
• Working closely with other staff to ensure that appropriate levels of service are maintained during absences and periods of high workload
• Maintaining a high standard of personal hygiene & personal appearance in accordance with FSC policies
• Fulfilling your obligations under FSC’s Behaviour Partnership to ensure a happy, productive working environment
• Attending staff meetings as well as FSC internal and external training as required, in order to share best practice and improve team and learning location performance, and participating fully in staff development activities (sometimes this may involve travel to other learning locations with the occasional overnight stay)
• Driving: We have a number of vehicles which you may be asked to drive. To do so, you will need to be 21 years or over, have a full valid driving licence, to have been driving for at least two years, and undertake an internal assessment on commencement in the role
• Subject to meeting certain criteria, you may also be required to drive our minibuses.
• Undertaking any other duties that may reasonably be required to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the learning location