9 month contract February to October 2018
Based on an average 40 hours a week, this will include regular weekends, bank holidays and some evenings, but not over nights. Because of the seasonal nature of this work you will be required to work more hours in the summer and have more time off in the spring and Autumn but still get paid the same each month.
For the right individual this role will become full time and permanent.
This is an exciting opportunity for a versatile and experienced outdoor instructor who has a passion for canoeing and bush craft to join the Tamar Adventures team. Main role includes:
• Lead bespoke canoe trips for individuals, family groups and schools on a number of local tidal rivers
• Combine canoe trips with bush craft activities
• Deliver woodland based bush craft sessions
• Lead multi activity days including high ropes, zip lines, archery, mountain biking, team building.
• Assist with training and supervision of staff team across all activities
It is essential that this instructor has strong interpersonal skills and teaching experience with at least 4 years of experience working in the outdoor industry.
Qualifications and Skills Required
• Strong interpersonal skills and teaching experience
• BCU level 3 or UKCC level 2 + 4* or equivalent (new Advanced Canoe Leader) in canoe
• Knowledge and experience of tidal rivers and estuaries
• Experience in teaching bush craft/forest school or survival skills
• Driving Licence (not PCV)