Fixed Term Contract – February 2018 until November 2018
At Kilve Court we enable young people to discover what they can do – rather than focusing on what they can’t. Every child is encouraged to imagine, discover and achieve, with 100% support from our fantastic instructors. We are driven by a passion for residential outdoor learning where lessons can be learnt and memories will be cherished.
About the Job
As our Lead Instructor you will be responsible for leading the groups for outdoor activities in an exemplary manor, managing risk and following centre procedures as appropriate. You will mentor the Instructor and trainee team supporting their development. You will also assist operationally to the centre, overseeing the different areas of equipment.
The role will involve working evenings, overnights and weekends on a duty rota basis.
We offer a comprehensive CPD support package and funding is available for training courses.
We are looking for an experienced instructor with the following experience:
• Experience of year working in a residential outdoor centre. Experience of instructing in at least two different settings.
• 2 low level ngb's & centre sign offs in the majority of onsite activities offered, either by ourselves or a recognised and trusted centre.
• 2 or more of the following: CWA, Vertex L2, Mountain Bike Leader, ATBA.
• 1 training plus 1 assessment from the following: SPA , ML/HML, UKCC L1.
• Current First Aid.
• Ability to undertake/holds D1.
We are currently recruiting to a number of fixed term roles throughout the service, appointments will be made to the salary scale most commensurate with experience and qualifications.
For more information or an informal discussion about this post please contact Kirsty Darlington or Karl Watson on 01278741270.
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management.
We offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees including:
• A Local Government Pension Scheme.
• Discounted lease car via salary sacrifice scheme and options for discounts on petrol or diesel.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and so forth.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work, childcare vouchers, additional annual leave, computers, mobile phones and health screening.
• Generous annual leave and flexible working arrangements.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance and support offering a variety of employee wellbeing services to support a healthy work/life balance and lifestyle.
• Optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
Somerset County Council must ensure that each person who works for the public authority in a customer-facing role can speak fluent English. This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement for the role.
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.
Closing date: 07/12/2017
Interview date: Week commencing 18/12/2017