Description: Marketing Assistant
Imagine a role that offers you both unique opportunities and challenges; where you are an important part of an empowered team who strive to create a truly memorable experience for every individual who visits our FSC Locations and where you have the chance to demonstrate your passion to deliver the highest standards of customer service and care. No matter what role you perform at the FSC, everyone can make a difference... if you want to join our successful Environmental Education Charity and you have what it takes to make a difference then we want to hear from you.
Please note we do not accept CV’s without completing the online application process.
The closing date for receipt of your completed application is midnight on Monday 11th December 2017
Interviews are scheduled to take place at FSC Head Office Wednesday 20th December 2017
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy, please call Ben Worth on Tel No. 01743 852123. We look forward to receiving your application in due course.
Overall Job Purpose:
This is an ideal opportunity for somebody wishing to develop a career in marketing to join a busy marketing team and gain experiences in a range of marketing activities to help develop FSC achieve its charitable objectives.
Although primarily office based, this is essentially a pro-active role which will require moderate physical effort, i.e. moving office files and intensive periods of time spent working on computer systems.
• Organising the advertising plan and ensuring it is delivered and monitored effectively, from negotiating rates to generating adverts with our designers.
• Responding to PR requests and ensuring they are delivered and monitored effectively, from copywriting to release distribution.
• Creating the Email newsletter plan, producing the copy and sending it out each month.
• Providing a fresh perspective and contributing ideas to our social media marketing activities.
• Managing marketing projects such as the creation of direct mail campaigns or search engine optimisation.
• Assisting in the development and maintenance of FSC websites using our content management system.
• Assisting in, with the aim of taking responsibility for, the production of our individuals and families course brochures.
• Supporting the marketing team in day to day activities.
• Complying with all relevant legislation / FSC Operating Codes of Practice (OCoPs) / FSC Health and Safety Handbook and FSC procedures
• Delivering a high standard of customer service and customer care
• Ensuring the highest standards of quality are achieved in all duties carried out
• Working closely with other staff to ensure that appropriate levels of service are maintained during absences and periods of high workload
• Maintaining professional standards at all times in accordance with FSC policies
• Fulfilling your obligations under FSC’s Behaviour Partnership to ensure a happy, productive working environment
• Attending staff meetings as well as FSC internal and external training as required, in order to share best practice and improve team and learning location performance, and participating fully in staff development activities (sometimes this may involve travel to other learning locations with the occasional overnight stay)
• Due to the remote nature of FSC learning locations it would be advantageous if the post holder were able to drive. To drive FSC vehicles you will need to be 21 years or over, have a full valid driving licence, to have been driving for at least two years, and undertake an internal assessment on commencement in the role.
• Undertaking any other duties that may reasonably be required to ensure the smooth and efficient running of FSC Head Office