Mill on the Brue Outdoor Activity Centre - Chief Instructor Vacancy
Established in 1982, Mill on the Brue is a family run, 25 acre, educational organisation, situated in Bruton, Somerset. The Centre provides residential and day courses for various groups.
The position of Chief Instructor is key to the smooth day to day running of the Operations team and therefore the centre. Working alongside the Operations Manager the Chief Instructor is responsible for the training and supervision of the Senior Instructors, Instructors and the Summer Group Leaders.
Further Responsibilities Include:
• Running of midweek and weekend residential courses.
• Liaising with customers and other teams at Mill on the Brue on a daily basis, also on occasion instructing groups.
• Overseeing activity related maintenance.
• Observing and signing off Instructor activity sessions, giving personalised and appropriate feedback.
• Running staff meetings, and deputising for the Operations Manager in their absence. This may include attending the weekly management meetings.
• Doing overnight duties and dealing with any incidents that occur during this time.
• Managing the centre at quiet times such as weekends, being a point of contact for other centre teams as necessary.
• Planning/instructing corporate or management training days.
• Current, clear DBS certificate. (Can be completed in house).
• Current BCU Level 1 Coach award.
• First Aid qualification.
• Minimum of 4 seasons outdoor instructing experience.
• Desirable qualifications include, Level 2 Coach, SPA, ML, ERCA, Pool Saver/Lifeguard.
Pay and Conditions
• Permanent, full time position, 44 hours per week.
• Starting at £23,000 per year paid monthly in arrears. This will be reviewed annually.
• Free meals.
• Temporary onsite accommodation available.
• 2 Days off per week, although these do not necessarily fall at weekends or sequentially.
• 28 days paid holiday per annum, plus Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year bank holidays, totalling 31 days. Holiday cannot be taken between May to mid August as this is our very busy time.
This position will suit someone looking to build their level of responsibility and staff management skills. For the full job description, go to our website www.millonthebrue.co.uk or contact Rachel firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to be considered for this vacancy please follow this link and complete our online application form. https://millonthebrueapplicationform.typeform.com/to/DB7Iwz
Closing Date: Friday 17th November 2017
Interview Day: Thursday 23rd November 2017