Outdoor Education Instructors (Senior Instructor Level 3 - Full Time)
WORKING PATTERN: 37.5 hours on a 5 out of 7-day rota including evenings and weekends.
Overnight duty additional payment of £35 per night.
CONTRACT: Initial contract 18 months long with permanency dependant on performance.
ACCOMMODATION: Accommodation is not available at any of the centres
HOW TO APPLY: E-mail a cover letter including the job title you wish to apply for and a CV to email@example.com
A great opportunity for outdoor practitioners to work at our four outdoor education centres in Staffordshire. We are an exciting young business with a great pedigree and a promising future. The centres have recently undergone a significant investment programme, with exciting and innovative new products now being offered to a rapidly expanding customer base from schools to youth groups, major charities and NCS. This is a highly motivated company, with a well-qualified and experienced staff team that shares a clear view going forward of growth and diversification, delivering the highest quality outdoor education in a sustainable and commercial way.
For more of a flavour of Entrust Outdoors please visit www.entrustoutdoors.co.uk or watch our videos at the links below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4ZZAes2-kU – Explore Video (With Music)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRXPOS8Ilrc – Inspire Video (with voiceover)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok7srva-YAY – An Outdoor Space
The post holders will be expected to:
• Be able to effectively plan and deliver high quality outdoor educational sessions with an emphasis on safe practice, learning outcomes and a high standard of customer service.
• Deliver a full and wide range of both centre based and off-site activities.
• Further their experience in their range of outdoor activities both in and out of work time to fulfil NGB award and CPD requirements.
• Be flexible in their availability to work including overnights, evenings and weekends.
• Be reflective in their practice, looking for continuous development and improvement in both their own and the centres provision of an outdoor education experience.
• Work as part of the team to ensure the centre, staff and customers comply with H&S requirements/regulations and local working practice.
The post holders will have the following experience/skills:
• Relevant experience working in a residential outdoor education setting and delivering outdoor education programmes.
• Experience working with a variety of young people in the outdoors.
• Current and passionate in engaging in a range of outdoor activities.
• A range of NGB awards including (but not limited to) walking, climbing (indoor and outdoor) watersports, archery, cycling, orienteering, bush craft, high ropes courses and caving.
• Be willing to work towards achieving Driving D1+E entitlement
• High personal standards in presentation, communication and delivering customer service
• RPIOL / APIOL advantageous
Enhanced DBS and suitable references will be needed for this role.