Entrust Outdoors is a highly motivated company, with a well-qualified and experienced staff team that shares a clear view going forward of growth and diversification, delivering the highest quality outdoor education in a sustainable and commercial way.
In addition to running our four Outdoor Education centres in Staffordshire, each summer we also set up tented NCS basecamps in stunning locations around the country. With new sites for 2018 being established in the Midlands, the Northwest and Wales, we are currently looking for freelance instructors with a genuine passion for the outdoors to work with us.
If you consider yourself to be a professional freelance outdoor practitioner and would like to join a high-performing team, get in touch and we can discuss our various venues in more detail.
The post holders will be expected to:
• Be able to effectively plan and deliver high quality outdoor educational sessions with an emphasis on safe practice, learning outcomes and a high standard of customer service.
• Deliver a full and wide range of activities (qualification dependent).
• Be flexible in their availability to work, including overnights, evenings and weekends.
• Work as part of the team to ensure the site, staff and customers all comply with H&S requirements/regulations and local working practice.
• Be reflective in their practice, looking for continuous development and improvement in both their own and the site’s provision of an outdoor education experience.
The post holders will have the following experience/skills:
• Experience working with young people in the outdoors.
• Current and passionate in engaging in a range of outdoor activities.
• High personal standards in presentation, communication and delivering customer service
• Hold Hill and Moorland Leader Award or higher and have or be working towards a range of NGB awards
• Relevant experience working in a residential outdoor education setting and delivering outdoor education programmes desirable.
• RP/APIOL advantageous
Enhanced DBS and suitable references will be needed for this role.