We are looking for a motivated and personable individual to join the team at Dorset Waterpark in the role of Assistant Manager.
Your job will be to assist in managing and motivating the team, overseeing operational strategy and driving commercial success. You will be conscious of operational efficiency while maintaining the highest level of customer service and experience, on and off the water. You will need to be prepared to get your hands dirty and your hair wet, adopting the role of lifeguard as and when necessary.
We need an adventure loving, people person with a strategic head on their shoulders.
No two days will look the same in this role - one day you might be splashing around on the waterpark, entertaining customers and the next day might be spent looking after accounting and invoicing in the office. If you are looking for a job that offers variety, responsibility and personal reward in equal measure then this is the role for you.
- You will be in charge of managing the site when the General Manager is off. This involves organising a teamof 20 staff and up to 900 customers a day.
- Assuming a lifeguarding role as and when required.
- Overnight security work. Accommodation is provided free of charge from March to October and the Assistant Manager will be required to stay on-site, overnight 3-4 nights a week (with time given in lieu).
- Weekend working
- A very busy schedule between May and September, with time off in lieu and flexible hours throughout the remainder of the year.
- Exceptional managerial skills, with proven experience of managing people and customer experiences.
- Excellent organisational skills, problem solving ability and efficiency.
- Ability to mentor and develop junior staff.
- An individual who is always prepared to go above and beyond to get the job done and for the overall success of Dorset Waterpark.
Nice to haves:
- Experience of working in the outdoors industry would be a big advantage.
- An RLSS Trainer Assessor or even simply a beach or pool lifeguard qualification
- Skills that can be utilised throughout the winter months - gardening, accountancy, web development etc.