A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join Southampton Water Activities Centre. Active Nation are seeking an exceptional Chief Instructor to develop and lead the team.
SWAC is a busy RYA Training Centre located north of Southampton's Ocean Village, with quick access to some of the best training and cruising waters on the south coast. The centre runs a range of watersport experiences alongside a wide variety of sailing, powerboating, windsurfing, paddleboarding, rowing and shore based courses.
Charity Behaviours: (how we expect you to behave)
* Be enthusiastic
* Be responsible
* Be proactive
Reporting To: Operations Manager - SWAC & Woodmill
Liaison With: Assistant Business Manager
Responsible For: Operational Teams, including Lead Instructors
Charity Mission: 'To persuade the nation to be active'
Role Purpose: (how your role contributes to the mission)
To ensure that your venue is operating safely and securely, to standards of service identified by Active Nation, through efficient and effective use of staff resources and venue equipment. Ensuring supporters receive a brilliant experience leading to better retention and feeling confident recommending Active Nation to friends and family.
* Be passionate about sport and exercise, particularly outdoor activities and watersports
* Be responsible for the allocation of staff and resources against centre requirements
* Lead on staff recruitment, selection, training and mentoring
* Maintain safety, operational and customer service standards
* Hold a range of outdoor qualifications to enable you to lead sessions (minimum qualifications: RYA Senior Dinghy Instructor and RYA Powerboat Instructor)
* Develop excellent relationships with key supporters and partners to further develop the centre
* Demonstrate a conscientious approach to resource management and have an aptitude for equipment maintenance
To apply please tell us your story so far by emailing your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com If selected, expect a call back from us.
CLOSING DATE: 29th October 2017
INTERVIEWS: Week Commencing 6th November
For more information, full Job Description and Person Specification please contact Jon Kirby, Operations Manager (SWAC & Woodmill), on 07747 037059 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Active Nation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post will be subject to an Enhanced CRB disclosure.