Centre Manager - Mill on the Brue
Established in 1982, Mill on the Brue is based in Bruton, Somerset in the South West of England. It is a family run business in 25 acres of river valley, fields and woods. Mill on the Brue is a not for profit educational organisation. We provide residential and day outdoor activity courses, also a venue for weddings, conferences, and other events.
The position of Centre Manager at Mill on the Brue is key to the smooth day to day running of the Centre. Working closely with the Directors, effective communication with all the team leaders is key to the success of this position.
This position is not 9 – 5. It requires commitment, initiative and a responsible, flexible attitude. The long hours required during the busier period will be compensated for by shorter hours during the quieter months.
The job role is varied and requires many different skills. A sound knowledge of IT is essential as there is a high level of administration, however the role is not solely office based. A good understanding of the Outdoor Industry would be useful. Below is a list of some of the tasks undertaken by the Centre Manager.
• Planning and implementing an annual recruitment strategy.
• Overseeing staff appraisals, recording holiday and sickness.
• Sending monthly pay information to pay roll.
• Delivering current health and safety legislation training to Mill on the Brue staff.
• Monitoring and recording of accidents, including RIDDOR.
• Quarterly checks with team leaders, overseeing rotas and managing hours.
• Ensuring all areas of Mill on the Brue are kept to the required standard in terms of maintenance.
• Planning routine maintenance around bookings.
• Writing weekly rotas for the Operations team using Excel.
• On occasion, deliver presentations to schools and parents prior to visits.
• Follow up any complaints or observations made.
• Liaising with external inspectors to ensure we are operating at all times in accordance with the law and governing body standards.
Pay, Pension, Bonus and Benefits
• Starting at £33,000 per year paid monthly in arrears. This will be reviewed annually (currently in October).
• Pension 5% employer’s contribution of gross pay.
• Annual bonus up to around £1,200 depending on how well the season has gone & performance of the Centre Manager.
• On a working day when the kitchen is open the Centre Manager is entitled to free meals.
Total package around £35,700 + free meals
The role requires the Centre Manager to live off site but close enough to the Centre to be of assistance if a problem occurs out of hours.
Time Off: 2 Days per week, although these do not necessarily fall at weekends or sequentially.
Holiday: 28 days paid holiday per annum, of which at least 7 are taken over the Christmas period plus Christmas, Boxing day and New Year Bank Holidays, totalling 31 days. Holiday cannot be taken between June to mid August as this is our very busy time.
Initial Interview Day: Tuesday 31st October 2017
For the complete Centre Manager job description please go to our jobs and volunteering page on our website: www.millonthebrue.co.uk/outdoor-activity-centres/jobs-volunteering
Or to apply, please following this link to our online application form.