Established in 1982, Mill on the Brue is a family run, 25 acre, outdoor activity centre situated in Somerset. We have a strong environmental ethos and take pride in maintaining the highest quality in all areas of the centre, most importantly in caring for our staff and customers.
Activity Instructors required from February – November 2018.
The Centre provides residential and day courses for various groups; Instructors are trained, observed and supervised in the delivery of our full range of activities. We push the experiential learning cycle hard, facilitating learning through student led practices like ‘Plan, Do, Review.’ Instructors work with the same Group of children throughout their weeks stay with us, this enables a real relationship of trust to be built up, which benefits not only the children but also the Instructor.
Instructors are required to hold the UKCC BCU 1 Coach award (there will be limited positions available without this qualification) and ideally have some sort of previous instructional, teaching or coaching experience. Instructors are required to attend our training week, 5th – 12th April 2018.
In exchange for loyalty and hard work we offer a generous training package for completed contracts of over 4 months. There are also opportunities to progress; we develop good Instructors in to Lead Instructors, Senior Instructors and beyond.
• Small team of like-minded people.
• Onsite accommodation available with WIFI and weekly cleaning.
• Close to great outdoor facilities such as the Mendip Hills and Cheddar Gorge.
• Great location and social life, shops and pubs all within walking distance.
• Staff are provided with first aid kits, a range of instructional resources and Centre uniform.