Outdoor Instructor Apprenticeship Scheme
The Adventure Learning Foundation is a charitable organization dedicated to helping everyone live positive, productive, healthy and happy lives through the provision of inspirational outdoor adventures. We achieve this with our highly qualified teams delivering in the amazing environments provided by our ALF villages. ALF provides visitors with fun, learning and adventure to taking them beyond their imagined potential.
Contact: Training Manager Tel: 0203 356 7116
Email - email@example.com
Qualifications - Apprenticeship in Activity Leadership including nationally recognized qualifications
Plus a level 2 NVQ Activity Leadership
Duration - Government funded 12 month professional training programme.
Hourly rate - £3.50 (plus a subsidized food and accommodation scheme is available to reduce living costs)
The training is provided in-house by our excellent training manager who has 25 years worth of first- hand experience in the outdoor activity industry and lecturing at further education colleges. Her work and input will be supported by the ALF learning director, centre managers and a highly qualified team of senior instructors.
We aim to provide a broad range of experiences and skills for our apprentices through our specialized 4 sites.. ALF Longridge includes water activities, ALF Green Park land based adventurous activities, ALF Shortenills curriculum linked environmental activities and ALFletics track is our sports focused site.
Our training programme has been designed to build your knowledge and skills during our 'off peak' season ready for you to go live alongside our experience permanent and seasonal staff team. A range of adventurous and environmental learning experiences will be included in the training (abseiling, archery, bell boating, climbing, dragon boating, low ropes, high ropes, team challenge, water orbs, bushcraft, survival skills, habitats investigations and offsite walking adventures)
Functional skills will be developed by a tutor if required (Maths, English and ICT)
Benefits of apprenticeships with ALF
- Enjoyment and experience learning and developing alongside other apprentices
- Have a positive impact on the lives of young people
- Earn while you learn
- Receive training from a highly qualified and experience trainers
- Broad range of experience from our four very unqiue villages
- Take you first career steps in a caring environment with experience mentors supporting your journey
- Subsidised living costs
How we assess our apprentices
- You will be assessed on the job and cover off- the-job training at group meetings.
- You will build portfolio of evidence gathered from working with equipment, facilities and customers
- As part of the apprenticeship framework, reviews are completed every 12 weeks by the assessor. This provides opportunities for the apprentice, assessor and employer discuss progress
The ALF apprentice candidate
Personal qualities and skills required
- An enthusiasm and passion for outdoor learning and activities
- Good communication skills
- Resilience and readiness to respond to advice
- Flexibility, adaptability and tolerance
- Motivated and committed to developing their career
Qualifications and requirements
- The candidates need to be 18 years and over with ideally GCSE English and Maths C equivalent
- Seasonal employment position at ALF with potential to progress career within the organization
- Employment at outdoor centres
- Leading to employment within the leisure and tourism industry
- Opens opportunities for continuing education for example level 3 NVQ