Imagine a role that offers you both unique opportunities and challenges; where you deliver outstanding administrative support to further improve the customer service already delivered at our FSC Flatford Mill. Through this role you will have the opportunity to empower and inspire your administration team to deliver the highest standards of customer service and care and all areas of their work.
No matter what role you perform at the FSC, everyone can make a difference...if you want to join our successful Environmental Education Charity and you have what it takes to be a success in this role we want to hear from you.
How to apply:
To apply for this position please download and complete in full the NON-EDUCATION – application form. You must ensure that your application includes examples of how you have demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in meeting the requirements of the post detailed in both the job description and person specification.
For all recruitment information and relevant application forms please go to our vacancies web page at:
Send your completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR
Human Resources, FSC Head Office, Preston Montford, Montford Bridge, Shrewsbury, Shropshire SY4 1HW
Please note we do not accept CV’s without a completed application form.
The closing date for receipt of your completed application is 12 noon on Wednesday 4th October 2017
Interviews are scheduled to take place at Flatford Mill Field Centre on Wednesday 10th October 2017
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy please call John Blair on 01206 297110. We look forward to receiving your application in due course.
Overall Job Purpose:
Leading and managing the office staff team to ensure excellent administration, financial management, communication and information flow for internal and external customers.
To manage the main office systems and to provide critical support to the learning location teams in terms of communication with our customers; administering the invoicing and accounts system, and responding to enquiries from both staff and customers.
The role involves manual handling, such as taking delivery of parcels and moving office files.
• Managing the learning location office and its systems, and undertaking general office administration
• Effectively line managing the administration staff, including having an active role in their performance management
• Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of all areas of the learning location’s work in order to respond knowledgeably to enquiries from the public or members of learning location staff
• Ensuring that telephone, email and in-person enquiries are handled appropriately, and the highest standards of customer care are achieved
• Being a key ‘front of house’ member of staff, the first point of contact for customers and a role model for customer care
• Having day to day management responsibility for the learning location bookings diary and availability calendar including: processing bookings; inputting data onto the FSC database; and liaising with kitchen, housekeeping, administrative and education teams on a weekly basis to ensure the communication of customer needs, especially meal and dietary requirements
• Co-ordinating the transport arrangements for visits; including organising FSC vehicles, hire vehicles, coach firms and casual drivers team
• Managing the learning location’s financial systems in conjunction with Head Office e.g. purchase and expenses, petty cash, returns, sales and cash
• Working closely with other learning location staff to monitor and control income & expenditure in line with the learning location budget, and to produce management information
• Responding to requests for further information for market analysis
• Taking initiatives to improve systems in alignment with the charity’s wider objectives
• Contributing to the leadership of the learning location as a member of the learning location’s Management Team
• Administration of the annual Leisure Learning and Professional Course Programme including liaising with external tutors regarding course requirements and producing promotional material for these courses
• Assisting with the production of the Annual action plan and undertaking associated reporting
• Being part of the learning location’s on-call / duty team to deal with customer issues and respond to emergencies – this may involve staying on site on some evenings and/or overnight on a rota basis to deal with customer issues and respond to emergencies
• Driving: We have a number of vehicles which you may be asked to drive. To do so, you will need to be 21 years or over, have a full valid driving licence, to have been driving for at least two years, and undertake an internal assessment on commencement in the role
• Subject to meeting certain criteria, you may also be required to drive our minibuses. If you do not hold D1 entitlement and have the appropriate driving experience/certification, you may be required to undertake the relevant training upon commencement of the role
• Complying with all relevant legislation / FSC Operating Codes of Practice (OCoPs) / FSC Health and Safety Handbook and FSC procedures
• Delivering a high standard of customer service and customer care
• Ensuring the highest standards of quality are achieved in all duties carried out
• Working closely with other staff to ensure that appropriate levels of service are maintained during absences and periods of high workload
• Maintaining a high standard of personal hygiene & personal appearance in accordance with FSC policies
• Fulfilling your obligations under FSC’s Behaviour Partnership to ensure a happy, productive working environment
• Attending staff meetings as well as FSC internal and external training as required, in order to share best practice and improve team and learning location performance, and participating fully in staff development activities (sometimes this may involve travel to other learning locations with the occasional overnight stay)
• Undertaking any other duties that may reasonably be required to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the learning location
The expectations of every employee that we regard as essential include:
• A positive and passionate work attitude
• A desire to show pride in all aspects of their work
• A flexible approach with a willingness to adapt to changes
• An ability to work using your own initiative both independently and as a competent, effective team member
• An ability to work under pressure and prioritise work to meet tight deadlines
• Always treating others with courtesy, dignity and respect
• A commitment and contribution to improving FSC’s environmental performance
• A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges