Imagine a role that offers you both unique opportunities and challenges; where you are an important part of an empowered team who strive to create a truly memorable experience for every individual who visits our FSC Locations and where you have the chance to demonstrate your passion to deliver the highest standards of customer service and care. No matter what role you perform at the FSC, everyone can make a difference...if you want to join our successful Environmental Education Charity and you have what it takes to make a difference then we want to hear from you.
How to apply:
To apply for this position please download and complete in full the NON-EDUCATION application form. You must ensure that your application includes examples of how you have demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in meeting the requirements of the post detailed in both the job description and person specification.
For all recruitment information and the relevant application form please go to our vacancies web page at: www.field-studies-council.org/vacancies.aspx
Send your completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR
Human Resources, FSC Head Office, Preston Montford, Montford Bridge, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY1 4HW
Please note we do not accept CV’s without a completed application form.
The closing date for receipt of your completed application is 12 noon on Thursday 6th July
Interviews are scheduled to take place at FSC Nettlecombe Court in the week commencing 17th July
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy please call Nick Lapthorn on 01984 640320. We look forward to receiving your application in due course.
Overall Job purpose:
The Cook is a key post in the Hospitality & Catering team at FSC Nettlecombe Court. As deputy to the Head Cook you will assist with delivery of the catering service for up to 130 residential visitors. This will include hands-on cooking, kitchen management tasks, deputising for the Head Cook as appropriate and assisting with the supervision of the catering team.
This is an active role and will require the job holder to be able to carry out duties associated with kitchen work including manual handling e.g. carrying saucepans, food items, assisting with food deliveries.
• Cooking and delivering of breakfasts and evening meals whilst ensuring the wide variety of dietary needs and tastes are met at all times
• Provision & preparation of light lunches or packed lunches and home baked items for groups as required
• Ensuring all meals are produced in line with health and hygiene regulations
• Assisting with the compilation of a varied range of menus
• Deputising for the Head Cook in their absence, to include assisting with the supervision of the catering team
• Assisting with the induction and in-house training of the catering team
• Washing up of utensils, crockery and cutlery as required
• Assisting with sourcing suppliers and placing orders
• Receiving deliveries and ensuring they are checked and correctly stored on arrival
• Providing lunches for staff on duty
• Participating in the cleaning, upkeep and decorating of the kitchen and dining area in off-peak times
• Taking an active role in the learning location’s residential duties - this will involve staying on site on some evenings and overnight to deal with customer issues and, with the support of a Senior member of staff, respond to emergencies
Applications considered on arrival and interviews arranged as appropriate