Description: Senior Instructor
Reports to: Centre Manager or Operations Manager
Wage – 5000 Yuan Accommodation – 1-2 people shared room
Flights – Return flights to and from China Visa – Repaid on arrival at BSC
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
This role is to continue the development of an existing water sports company putting it at the forefront of
the Chinese sailing industry. The position will involve a hands on approach to managing a small developing
Senior Instructor in managing a safe beach operation. To include staff training and management, delivery of
Sailing IYT courses, uphold company standards. Ensure boat maintenance is carried out in a timely manner.
Ensuring that customer service is delivered to the highest levels at all times.
• Ensure beach operation adheres to operating standards & develop where needed.
• Assist the Chief Instructor with training on the water and other operational needs.
• Ensure boat maintenance and repair damage to craft is carried out to ensure minimal disruption.
• Carry out risk assessments & other paperwork needed to be complete.
• Ensure beach kit is rigged correctly, in line with the manufactures guidelines & centre safety policies.
• Manage rescue boat cover & manage bad weather procedures.
• Provide excellent customer service at all times & deliver CSQ results as per targets.
• Carry out other duties within your ability as requested by your line manager.
• Required to be flexible in your job role and may be required to move between different resorts or
departments according to operational needs & cover for Centre Manager on their given day off.
• 2 seasons Instructing at various levels
• 2 seasons as Senior Instructor
• Managed a team of 10 staff or more for 1 years
• Extensive knowledge and ability to sailing and maintain various boats windsurf kit.
• Ability to work as a reliable member of the team.
• Highly motivated individual.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Suitable CRB check.
RYA Senior Instructors or Senior Windsurf Instructors Qualification, RYA Powerboat Instructor
Qualification, RYA Safety Boat Drivers certificate, Valid First Aid certificate.